Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2008 has a front right vibration and noise. It doesn't sound like metal is grinding. It starts about 20mph and gets louder and fast as I accelerate. In the past four months it's had new abs sensors, pads and rotors all the way around. The rear has had CV shafts and wheel bearings as well. I don't believe it's a brake issue because it doesn't pay pull or decelerate quickly when letting off the gas. It has been fine for the few months after the work as well, the noise just started. The tires are pretty worn but I don't think it's them because I feel like that would have been a problem that started small and gradually got worse. This just started one day and has been consistent.

Wheel bearing, front CV, or some bushing maybe???

Any help being steered in the right direction would be great!

Thanks!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
882 Posts
Maybe the backing plate rubbing on the rotor, you can use screwdriver to bend the plate if they get too close to. If the noise is still here, check contact surface between wheel hub and rotor, clean the surface until they look shinny

·
Registered
3,017 Posts
My 2008 has a front right vibration and noise. It doesn't sound like metal is grinding. It starts about 20mph and gets louder and fast as I accelerate. In the past four months it's had new abs sensors, pads and rotors all the way around. The rear has had CV shafts and wheel bearings as well. I don't believe it's a brake issue because it doesn't pay pull or decelerate quickly when letting off the gas. It has been fine for the few months after the work as well, the noise just started. The tires are pretty worn but I don't think it's them because I feel like that would have been a problem that started small and gradually got worse. This just started one day and has been consistent.

Wheel bearing, front CV, or some bushing maybe???

Any help being steered in the right direction would be great!

Thanks!!!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
I'd rotate tires front to back and see if anything changes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts