Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would much rather have parking sensors in the front as I would use them everyday when parking in the garage, what good are rear parking sensors unless ur backing into ur parking stall all the time? Does anyone know if it's possible to install front sensors that would tie into the factory dash display. Also would be interested in aftermarket ones if they weren't to obtrusive on the dash.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Don't know what difference there is between US and Canada models but there are no front parking sensors on mine. I agree that it would have been a good feature.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Canada and have an Ultimate and we have no front parking sensors here. Is this another cool feature on the US Ultimate that we got screwed out of? lol :)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
yes it is possible and relatively easy to do. I will do it in summer time, as it requires removing front bumper. As well as I will add blind spot sensors on sides (each fender) as it shown on EDM models...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hyundai0wner.... We in the US do not have front parking ass't either. It is not an option on any trim level. In my opinion the Tucson Ultimate is a home run except for the front parking sensors and a memory drivers' seat. Hoping Hyundai adds memory seat option and either front parking assist or aroundview option in coming years.

Reactions: SGR

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Comp1 I totally agree, choked that the Canadian Ultimate has no TPMS either but we have the heated steering wheel, also would luv front parking sensors and an around view as well as mem seats, I also think they should have thrown in radar cruise as well since most of the equipment is already installed. Oh well lol.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
european domestic market...like ours USDM - north american domestic market, KDM - korean domestic market, JDM - japanese etc....

·
Registered
142 Posts
yes it is possible and relatively easy to do. I will do it in summer time, as it requires removing front bumper. As well as I will add blind spot sensors on sides (each fender) as it shown on EDM models...

Hey semco

Did you ever install those front parking sensors? And can you provide a link to that set you showed? It looks good .. considering doing something similar.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Not finished it yet. Sensors are installed, but not connected as I got info they must work with the stock VSM module. I tried it and seems it works good but it requires special module I ordered already...I just don't wanna install display over the dash, wanna get everything clear and stock looking....LOL

Reactions: navein

·
Registered
67 Posts
Years of telephone company driver training, I never drive into a parking stall, so I have not missed front sensors. The back ones and the camera are excellent.
My 2005 Kia Amanti had memory driver seat/outdside mirror settings, I do miss that feature.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Years of telephone company driver training, I never drive into a parking stall, so I have not missed front sensors. The back ones and the camera are excellent.
My 2005 Kia Amanti had memory driver seat/outdside mirror settings, I do miss that feature.
I put 2 front parking sensors (near corners) on my Tucson 2009. Comes in very handy when driving forward up to another car when parallel parking in a tight space and I don't want to use the front camera.

You would think that you would be able to eyeball judge but I have found that when I think that I am really close there is easily another 2 feet of space. My sensors allow me to get within in 1 foot before the sensors start beeping and a continuous beep at the 9 inch mark.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Not finished it yet. Sensors are installed, but not connected as I got info they must work with the stock VSM module. I tried it and seems it works good but it requires special module I ordered already...I just don't wanna install display over the dash, wanna get everything clear and stock looking....LOL
Yeah thats a lot of work. The inside of the bumper had marks where the sensors were to go?

I don't think I will be able to do what you're doing. I will probably just put two sensors at the corners but in the black plastic cover below the fogs but above where the oem sensors are to go. This way if I mess up the drilling, it is cheaper to replace that than the bumper. Will have to settle for the extra display infront of the instrument cluster just before the steering wheel.

When you're finished, can you post pictures. Thanks.

·
Registered
207 Posts
EDM buyer here, can confirm we have front parking sensors. They have to either be manually activated by pushing the parking sensors button, or must have shifted to Reverse previously and not exceed some speed in Drive. They are also useful when making a 3-point turn around in a tight space like an alley or something.

mpcp7 you have a front camera? is it OEM are aftermarket?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I think I finally find a solution to that..

will need to check few things yet...

·
Registered
142 Posts
EDM buyer here, can confirm we have front parking sensors. They have to either be manually activated by pushing the parking sensors button, or must have shifted to Reverse previously and not exceed some speed in Drive. They are also useful when making a 3-point turn around in a tight space like an alley or something.

mpcp7 you have a front camera? is it OEM are aftermarket?
After market - the deck, front/reverse camera, front/reverse parking sensors are all after market on the Tucson 2009. My front parking sensors are activated like how you said - in reverse they come automatically but I can put turn them on manually with a switch if I am driving forward towards something. Can you post a link to your sensors?

Going to do something similar on the Tucson 2016 but it already comes with reverse sensors so I don't have to worry about that one.

Nice picture semco - looks good.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Hey Semco... been looking for something like this which would fit into the same module can you please send me the link to the stuffs needed.

Also if you have made some photos during installation please post them... thanks a ton man

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hey Semco... been looking for something like this which would fit into the same module can you please send me the link to the stuffs needed.

Also if you have made some photos during installation please post them... thanks a ton man

Hi @semco

Any luck on the above

1 - 20 of 30 Posts