Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any of you guys have installed front parking sensors and tapped it to the main module to see them on the screen of the instrumental cluster?
Plz share your experience. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
The wiring certainly wouldn't be there but it's hard to say if the control hardware in the vehicle is the same as the over seas models with this feature where it could be tied in but would it work right off the hop without any sort of software enable. There are a few options those models have that many of us here would LOVE to have on ours.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if anyone would like to try it and see if it might work, I can try it for free in Airdrie, just need a car and will first connect sensors (mine) to the module...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Have the genuine accessory front sensors installed here in Australia. Well integrated with factory button on left of steering column to switch front and rear off or on. Also automatically switch off when travelling over 10 kmh as do the rear sensors and automatically switch on when gear lever placed in reverse.

Not hooked in to dashboard screen.

Beeps only but work as well as the rear sensors.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have the genuine accessory front sensors installed here in Australia. Well integrated with factory button on left of steering column to switch front and rear off or on. Also automatically switch off when travelling over 10 kmh as do the rear sensors and automatically switch on when gear lever placed in reverse.

Not hooked in to dashboard screen.

Beeps only but work as well as the rear sensors.
Mike, why you haven't tried to hook it up to the dash?

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,901 Posts
Mike, why you haven't tried to hook it up to the dash?
I suspect because it's an accessory and isn't designed to hook up to the dash display. If you were looking out the windscreen rather than at the dash display maybe you wouldn't need parking sensors anyway :laugh:

Scottie.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Scottie, if car is gonne be driven by woman, husband must make sure it would be fully protected from damages! LOL

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi,

Just following up on this thread because it is something that I would like to do to my Tucson. when I look at the the little car representation it shows the radar outline for the rear and the front. So, it must be possible to get it to work. Has anyone recently tried to install the front sensors and attach to the factory module? And have you found where one can purchase the oem front sensors?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it is quite easy to do. If you have US style you should get not just parking sensors, but a complete blind spot detection sensors, like I did, so it will alert to you if there is anything in front you must notice about... Problem with the US style is that our lcd screen does not support front sensors (or it might but I don't know how to check it....). The EU style has a different screen and it costs some good $$$ which actually you can go for if you wish, but I prefer the simplest way without spending extra $$$ on replacing instrument cluster. I picked one which has extra display for that and will just install it on the top of the dash, it will look stylish and clean.I gonna do it in spring.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Yes, it is quite easy to do. If you have US style you should get not just parking sensors, but a complete blind spot detection sensors, like I did, so it will alert to you if there is anything in front you must notice about... Problem with the US style is that our lcd screen does not support front sensors (or it might but I don't know how to check it....). The EU style has a different screen and it costs some good $$$ which actually you can go for if you wish, but I prefer the simplest way without spending extra $$$ on replacing instrument cluster. I picked one which has extra display for that and will just install it on the top of the dash, it will look stylish and clean.I gonna do it in spring.
Thanks for the information. Actually I don't have the US style, not exactly sure which style it is...I think the top end model has the blind spot detection but I will have to check. Unfortunately, I am all thumbs when it comes to fine installation details - most likely will eff up cutting the holes in the wing mirrors or something and there isn't anyone down here with the necessary experience for that type of installation. I will probably just try to get the front sensors installed. My dash looks like the following when the rear sensors are activated. I am hoping that I can install the front sensors and maybe activate some settings on the module so that the front sensor inputs show up on the same car schematic. Will be very interested to see your installation semco.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Semco,

I investigated further about adding in the front sensors. It looks like if you just have the rear sensors, it seems the brain module doesn't have the ability to add on the front sensors. Check the following link: http://www.htmanual.net/rear_parking_assist_system_control_unit_description_and_operation-1273.html.
If you wanted to add the front sensors, you would need to change out the brain module for the one that handles the smart parking assist - that has the connection to the front sensors. Check links:
(a) http://www.htmanual.net/components_and_components_location-1247.html
(b) http://www.htmanual.net/schematic_diagrams-1248.html
I am not sure about the instrument cluster display if it can handle the new module. I suspect you would need to change it out as well. I think you may be right in the better way is to buy a separate system with a front display. I assume this is one just for the front sensors. I have ordered an 8 sensor system to be installed on my Tucson 2009 -
https://www.amazon.com/BeneGlow-Dua...22510&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Beneglow+8+sensor

If I have to install one for just the front, I may go with this one and just use the front sensors or a much simpler one. My only concern is having gotten used to the distance read out on the front sensors, I think I would want the same functionality on the rear sensors. So may check to see if I can use the factory sensors and hook in to the Beneglow unit or worse case, switch out the sensors.

Can you let me know which one you plan to use Semco?

Thanks.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hey Semco,

I was wondering if you ever completed the front parking sensor installation?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Front sensors

Hi I had the front sensors added to my new i30 SR before I collected the car but am concerned they’re not installed properly. I can’t drive with them on because they keep beeping. When I asked the dealership they said only to turn them on when I am parking! Useless...have I wasted my money? Does anyone else have a similar experience? I’m in Australia

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hey Semco,

I investigated further about adding in the front sensors. It looks like if you just have the rear sensors, it seems the brain module doesn't have the ability to add on the front sensors. Check the following link: Kia Sportage: Seat belts - Front passenger and rear seat 3-point system with combination locking retractor - Seat belt restraint system - Seat belts - Safety features of your vehicle - Kia Sportage SL Owners Manual.
If you wanted to add the front sensors, you would need to change out the brain module for the one that handles the smart parking assist - that has the connection to the front sensors. Check links:
(a) Kia Sportage: Instrument panel overview - Your vehicle at a glance - Kia Sportage SL Owners Manual
(b) Kia Sportage: Engine compartment - Your vehicle at a glance - Kia Sportage SL Owners Manual
I am not sure about the instrument cluster display if it can handle the new module. I suspect you would need to change it out as well. I think you may be right in the better way is to buy a separate system with a front display. I assume this is one just for the front sensors. I have ordered an 8 sensor system to be installed on my Tucson 2009 -
https://www.amazon.com/BeneGlow-Dua...22510&sr=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Beneglow+8+sensor

If I have to install one for just the front, I may go with this one and just use the front sensors or a much simpler one. My only concern is having gotten used to the distance read out on the front sensors, I think I would want the same functionality on the rear sensors. So may check to see if I can use the factory sensors and hook in to the Beneglow unit or worse case, switch out the sensors.

Can you let me know which one you plan to use Semco?

Thanks.
Just tried the links highlighted in the original post, none are now related to the post in question about Parking Sensors.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just tried the links highlighted in the original post, none are now related to the post in question about Parking Sensors.
Yeah, they used to work. Unfortunately the site removed all the manuals that was linked to Hyundai and put what you see there now. I was unable to find anything on the Hyundai manuals (the ones that I had found before) any more.
So I don't know where they are located now.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2016 Tucson does no need any new module at all if you wanna just add front parking sensors! I already checked it and it works just fine, see my post earlier! If you wanna add parallel parking or cruise parking like in Europe or Korea, then for sure you must replace your VCM. I will finish all my work with that in summer time, as I do all OEM install.

Reactions: devtekve
1 - 20 of 22 Posts