Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, we have an 11 plate automatic, just hit 60k miles. Yesterday it suddenly started an intermittent and random pull on the front left wheel, with associated grind. We thought it was the breaks and a trip to Equipe showed they were in need of replacement. Picked car up today and half a mile down the road, did the same, strong pull to the front left and a grim grinding noise.
I took it back and the guy came for a drive, Fortunately the car did it again. He reckons it's something on the auto gearbox. Checked fluid levels and ok. I've hunted on google and paged through here for a similar problem. Does anyone have any advice on this issue, or know of this issue. Sadly at 7 years old no warranty, but I would expect a gearbox to last more than 60k miles.
Thanks for any thoughts

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,582 Posts
I would have thought it was the brakes also.
Are the slide pins moving freely?
Are the caliper working properly?
Maybe bleed the brakes???

It couldn't be a faulty CV axle?
Never heard of one failing like that

The transmission?
I would have thought that both sides would be doing the same ??

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They just took it back in for us and put it on diagnostics, It's flagged as a wheel speed sensor error (a lot of them). I don't know mechanics, but if the sensor thinks the car is turning it instructs the gearbox/engine to slow the inner wheel. It appears it may be sending erroneous info to the gearbox, hence the wheel is slowed, so if this happens when in a straight line, the car will pull that way, and the grinding is the strain on the gearbox as the wheel tries to continue at full speed.. I hope that explanation makes sense :) Getting a quote for sensors and I will update the forum.
Hats off to Equippe, they did the work we paid for, and still rang us up to take it back to check out and stick on the machine, usually a charge and they did it for free.... also popped in a new brake bulb when they saw it had failed

·
Registered
2,447 Posts
They just took it back in for us and put it on diagnostics, It's flagged as a wheel speed sensor error (a lot of them). I don't know mechanics, but if the sensor thinks the car is turning it instructs the gearbox/engine to slow the inner wheel. It appears it may be sending erroneous info to the gearbox, hence the wheel is slowed, so if this happens when in a straight line, the car will pull that way, and the grinding is the strain on the gearbox as the wheel tries to continue at full speed.. I hope that explanation makes sense :) Getting a quote for sensors and I will update the forum.
Hats off to Equippe, they did the work we paid for, and still rang us up to take it back to check out and stick on the machine, usually a charge and they did it for free.... also popped in a new brake bulb when they saw it had failed
I see...the sensors are engage the traction control?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts