Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
630 Posts
wow...VERY tempting....just unsure if I'm keeping this car...... a certain 2004 BMW M3 has been calling my name quite loudly....

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Aug 4 2010, 09:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347044
wow...VERY tempting....just unsure if I'm keeping this car...... a certain 2004 BMW M3 has been calling my name quite loudly....
You're gonna make your kids jealous.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Aug 4 2010, 09:33 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347046
You're gonna make your kids jealous.
I know this quite well...my Legend sedan and I didn't communicate for a month when I got my sonata.....The 4runner just scoffs and laughs. THe coupe is happy to keep her mileage down....The sonata is the **** red-headed stepchild (funny because she is red and I'm also) lol

decisions decisions..

·
Registered
717 Posts
Would be tempting but a new car with no problems is better in my eyes. Back to the brace, looks cool but not sur eI am going to be racing the sonata anytime soon. The SE is very well made for a 4 door sedan and has very little body roll to begin with.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Aug 4 2010, 12:57 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347103
Does anybody know if this is a good price? $180 seems like alot for that brace.
Depends on your point of view. For my Maxima I paid just over 100. For my MR2, I can only get them from limited suppliers and it was well over 200.

I am amazed that a car so young has so many options already. How long outside the US has this chassis been available?

·
Registered
677 Posts
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Aug 4 2010, 02:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347124
Depends on your point of view. For my Maxima I paid just over 100. For my MR2, I can only get them from limited suppliers and it was well over 200.

I am amazed that a car so young has so many options already. How long outside the US has this chassis been available?
I just typed in "front member brace" in the shopping section of google and most of these were going for over $200. So I guess in the end it depends on how fat your wallet is.

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Aug 4 2010, 02:59 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347127
I just typed in "front member brace" in the shopping section of google and most of these were going for over $200. So I guess in the end it depends on how fat your wallet is.
They are good items to have. They do tighten up things. However ride quality is diminished and depending on how its designed you can lose some ground clearance as well.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Aug 4 2010, 02:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347124

I believe the yf sonata has been in production in Korea since 2009. So these parts weren't made overnight, though some of these could easily been manufactured in very little time.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Aug 4 2010, 03:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347135
They are good items to have. They do tighten up things. However ride quality is diminished and depending on how its designed you can lose some ground clearance as well.
I beg to differ....on my 03 maxima, the subframe connectors were a G-d send....they tightened up the chassis resulting in less flex over bumps and a MUCH better ride quality. the ride was stiffer, but more controlled and just felt better and more substantial.

Ground clearance was definitely an issue....I scraped them over every **** speed bump....you couldn't avoid it.....

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Aug 4 2010, 04:02 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347147
I beg to differ....on my 03 maxima, the subframe connectors were a G-d send....they tightened up the chassis resulting in less flex over bumps and a MUCH better ride quality. the ride was stiffer, but more controlled and just felt better and more substantial.

Ground clearance was definitely an issue....I scraped them over every **** speed bump....you couldn't avoid it.....
Most people equate a stiffer ride to diminished quality. I liked it, but reading the average bears opinion...anything that makes a soggy suspension tighter "ruins" the feel and then complaints show up.

I like firm rides and good feedback. Once some funds show up (have a new born right now) I will be making a major order to Shark for quite a few suspension components to tighten up my Limited.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Bearcats @ Aug 4 2010, 04:22 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347153
Most people equate a stiffer ride to diminished quality. I liked it, but reading the average bears opinion...anything that makes a soggy suspension tighter "ruins" the feel and then complaints show up.

I like firm rides and good feedback. Once some funds show up (have a new born right now) I will be making a major order to Shark for quite a few suspension components to tighten up my Limited.
You're right on!

Funny we are in the same boat, just had a new born myself. Got a bunch of things saved in my shark racing basket :eek:_75:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Soo... what happens when you install the strut bar AND this brace? Will my car fly?

No, but seriously, what would it do? Pardon my mechanical ignorance...

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (Proprioceptive @ Aug 5 2010, 02:08 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=347260
Soo... what happens when you install the strut bar AND this brace? Will my car fly?

No, but seriously, what would it do? Pardon my mechanical ignorance...
[best thug voice] yO yO yO...WiT DeM BaRZ u'LL bE aBlE tO DRiFT jDM TyTe yO! [/best thug voice]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.