Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm so excited now that my front lip for my Elantra has arrived!

We will be sanding it down and then painting it shimmering pearl white this weekend to match my Elantra.

My question is, since I will already have the car in the shop for body work, I just want to hear people's opinion about getting the trapezoid part of the bumper painted gloss black. Maybe even a matte black color?

I'm leaning more toward gloss since my roof and bumper (diffuser part) is already gloss black and my rims would be charcoal.

I'm trying to go for this look:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Do it, I like it. I just got a Tuix front lip, debating if I should plastidip any parts of it black :D:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh shoot! It's actually a Tuix kit! I was looking at M&S kits when I posted this haha! You guys think I should go gloss or matte?

Gamer, I'll have my brother paint it. Family owns a shop in Virginia Beach! :)

I can't wait!!!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I'd go matte, mostly because gloss will probably get scuffed up pretty bad. I want to plastidip just to protect some of the paint.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd go matte, mostly because gloss will probably get scuffed up pretty bad. I want to plastidip just to protect some of the paint.
Hmmm....I'm still torn. I just don't want to have too many shades of black but I kinda agree with you 1badsr.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Personally I love the rear in matte, I had the same dilemma and if I get tired of it I'll just take the rear lip off, tape off the white, and spray the matte black portion with Brilliant Black Pearl. I've come to find that matches our white's pearl color perfectly!

Here's the matte rear:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Personally I love the rear in matte, I had the same dilemma and if I get tired of it I'll just take the rear lip off, tape off the white, and spray the matte black portion with Brilliant Black Pearl. I've come to find that matches our white's pearl color perfectly!

Here's the matte rear:

Good point Gamer. You done modding? She's beautiful!

Oh and congrats on the ROTM buddy! Didn't you post somewhere you're doing a photoshoot sometime and youre getting rims?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Good point Gamer. You done modding? She's beautiful!

Oh and congrats on the ROTM buddy! Didn't you post somewhere you're doing a photoshoot sometime and youre getting rims?
Thanks I appreciate it, it's been really fun getting her to where she's at! I have my Shark Racing torsion bar, Whiteline adjustable endlinks, and Luxon X-brace in the basement but just can't get the time to put them on, lol. After that I'm done until the warranty is up at which time I will pull the engine/transmission and do a full wire tuck and shave the engine bay.

Yes indeed! Friday is the big day, I'm taking the entire day off to give me time to detail her in the morning with wash, clay, wax, and then have to be at the Tire Rack by 12 noon to do a quick detail from road debris and grime, the shoot starts at 1pm!

Kelly contacted me just last week and informed me they had the 3 18" wheels listed below they wanted to throw on there:

Enkei M52 hyper black
Enkei Tuning Fujin black
OZ Foruma HLT matte grey

The tires are going to be Continental Extreme Contact DW.

From the pics I'm leaning towards the M52's but we'll see which ones she looks best with once I get her down there.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks I appreciate it, it's been really fun getting her to where she's at! I have my Shark Racing torsion bar, Whiteline adjustable endlinks, and Luxon X-brace in the basement but just can't get the time to put them on, lol. After that I'm done until the warranty is up at which time I will pull the engine/transmission and do a full wire tuck and shave the engine bay.

Yes indeed! Friday is the big day, I'm taking the entire day off to give me time to detail her in the morning with wash, clay, wax, and then have to be at the Tire Rack by 12 noon to do a quick detail from road debris and grime, the shoot starts at 1pm!

Kelly contacted me just last week and informed me they had the 3 18" wheels listed below they wanted to throw on there:

Enkei M52 hyper black
Enkei Tuning Fujin black
OZ Foruma HLT matte grey

From the pics I'm leaning towards the M52's but we'll see which ones she looks best with once I get her down there.
You lucky son of a gun! jk :)

I like the Tuning Fujin ones. I like the clean look. They're letting you keep all of them?

Post pictures man! If they give them to you and you end up selling some of them, I called it first!...maybe we could do some business! :)

·
Registered
911 Posts
I'm trying to go for this look:

Nice look. IMO go with the gloss. Aren't the wheels matte charcoal that will give it a nice contrast.

Enkei M52 hyper black
Enkei Tuning Fujin black
OZ Foruma HLT matte grey

Those are three of the four wheels I've been looking at. But have moved on from the M52. The OZ should have the nicest finish, love the look is priced to sell but I feel too dark for my Titanium Gray. It may also be the best built of the three.

The Silver painted Fujin is very nice and not outrageously priced.

Please do comment on the wheels as shopping from internet images is difficult. Good Luck hope everything goes well. ;)

·
Registered
667 Posts
You lucky son of a gun! jk :)

I like the Tuning Fujin ones. I like the clean look. They're letting you keep all of them?

Post pictures man! If they give them to you and you end up selling some of them, I called it first!...maybe we could do some business! :)
They are letting me pick 1 set to keep and I'm leaning towards those right now :).

Nice look. IMO go with the gloss. Aren't the wheels matte charcoal that will give it a nice contrast.

Those are three of the four wheels I've been looking at. But have moved on from the M52. The OZ should have the nicest finish, love the look is priced to sell but I feel too dark for my Titanium Gray. It may also be the best built of the three.

The Silver painted Fujin is very nice and not outrageously priced.

Please do comment on the wheels as shopping from internet images is difficult. Good Luck hope everything goes well. ;)
I'll have an entire thread dedicated to the shoot once I get back Friday evening and have all of the photos uploaded :cool:.

I'm lookin forward to the shoot Gamer, and I'm looking forward to your review for the torsion bar!
I just hope the weather stays together for the drive down there and back! I'm hoping to get some time in the next week to install the parts and write up full reviews.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Nice Boydrone! That's matte finish? Plastidip?
No. That's paint with clear coat. It barely lasted a week in highway driving during my commute, its already riddled with stone chips...

I plan on repainting it with a lot more layers of paint and clear coat. Then finishing it off with glossifier plastidip to protect the finish. I haven't yet decided if I should put a layer of black plastidip down as well.... But we'll see...

Anyway. Its going to look bad arse withe proper rims, lowered, and a subtle kit. Live this look!!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
87 Posts
im jealous, ellie needs to get a lip kit soon! although i would forgo the fake dual exhaust for a simple diffuser.

·
22,792 Posts
I really like the look of dual exhausts on a diffuser. But who am I kidding? It merely cosmetic if you're not going all out with an exhaust conversion. And, somehow, having dual exhausts on a 4-banger just seems counter-productive to my wallet and my common sense. But, wow, it looks good.

Now, if I could slide/shoehorn a Genesis engine inside Ingrid, I'd be one ecstatic camper. But that makes about as much sense as a teenager putting a $3,000 sound system in an old $500 beater. LOL

1 - 20 of 54 Posts