Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
22,793 Posts
These guys have been around for a while. Seems mighty reasonable on the pricing. Only 2 things caught my attention:
1. No installation instruction and mounting hardware are included.

2. If in any case the lip became warped, simply lay it on a flat surface under the sun or use a heat gun gently heat up the warped area. The poly urethane material will restore back to its original shape when heated and stays that way after it cools down. I'm not competent or versed in this type of materials.
Could be great stuff for all I know.

Now, they claim to have a refund policy (with limits). $100 bucks and you can be our guinea pig. I'm wondering how it will hold up over time. Again, material composition. I defer to the pro's for comment.

Regardless, watch how you pull up in parking lots once you put that on. Those concrete curb blocks can undo a lot of love and labor!

BTW, welcome to the family.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Don't do it bro. It doesn't even come painted. You'll be spending another $200 just for paint. Secondly the genuine TUIX lip comes with a pretty sturdy mounting bracket that is held firmly in place with rivets.

It's less than $280 or so from the dealership. Buy the real thing. And install it yourself. Buy a rivet gun from Lowe's for $20 bucks.

·
22,793 Posts
^ Voice of reason and common sense. Man, I love the pool of knowledge and talent in this forum. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Isnt this the same company Gamerguy got his kit from? I wonder if it's the same mounting process as the Tuix lip. Yes getting it painted will be a pain. The real Tuix kits come painted and match perfect. I got mine from hi-motors for 209 shipped and received in less than a week.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Same lip I have, made great, comes with all hardware for installation, easy to install, on the other hand it is NOT painted....it will cost you, My car is N5S which is water based so it was pretty tricky.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Petie, did yours come with the mounting bracket? I got mine from a forum member and I like how mine is installed now but it was a bit tricky to install without the bracket.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the input. So from what I'm reading I should just purchase a TUIX front lip. And $209 shipped isn't bad, I'll definitely look on hi-motors. Is it hard to install yourself? I'm no where near a mechanic so is there a video anywhere on how to do this? Thanks again.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Thanks for all the input. So from what I'm reading I should just purchase a TUIX front lip. And $209 shipped isn't bad, I'll definitely look on hi-motors. Is it hard to install yourself? I'm no where near a mechanic so is there a video anywhere on how to do this? Thanks again.
The install is pretty simple. You will need a rivet gun, various drill bits, a center punch, some isopropyl alcohol/water mix, jack, jack stands. The Tuix kit is very well made and once it's on, its not goin anywhere. The instructions come in Korean. For the English instructions go to hmaservice.com

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought the kit from a US dealership, so the instructions are in English. I'll scan it and e-mail you the PDF if you'd like, otherwise hmaservice.com is an excellent website.

If you don't already own tools, this is a perfect time to buy them.

$40 for Jack and 2 stands at Pep boys.
$10 center punch, $20 rivet gun at Lowe's.
$99 for a 100 piece tool kit from Costco.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't do it bro. It doesn't even come painted. You'll be spending another $200 just for paint. Secondly the genuine TUIX lip comes with a pretty sturdy mounting bracket that is held firmly in place with rivets.

It's less than $280 or so from the dealership. Buy the real thing. And install it yourself. Buy a rivet gun from Lowe's for $20 bucks.

hi

what dealership you can order this i try to get this last time and is impossible ???

·
Registered
279 Posts
Petie, did yours come with the mounting bracket? I got mine from a forum member and I like how mine is installed now but it was a bit tricky to install without the bracket.
Yes mine came with all the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
168 Posts
hi

what dealership you can order this i try to get this last time and is impossible ???
They just added it to the accessory line. Most parts guys won't even know about it until you force them to look it up. Give them your VIN so they paint match properly.

You can order the entire kit. I personally ordered the front and side skirts.

The side skirts weren't readily available, nor could Hyundai provide an ETA. My dealership made up a little white lie to Hyundai Korea and basically filled out a form stating that my vehicle was in the shop for repairs and the skirts were the last thing needed to replace before being released to the customer. It's supposed to expedite the order and force them to make one if it isn't already made.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts