Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

My left cigarette lighter is not working. This happened when my son plugged in a power inverter into the socket and has since not worked. I checked the fuse and it is fine. When I went to the dealer to get an oil change and had them diagnose the problem. The dealer said the actual cigarette light socket is bad. That needs to be replaced. He also said it sometimes happens.......never heard of such a thing. Never had a actual cigarette light connection go bad. Any of you have insight into this and how to fix the problem? TIA.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Have seen it. Power outlets can fail. The Dealer saying that it is "bad" does not provide enough information to render an opinion as to whether it failed and should be repaired under warranty or if it was damaged somehow either physically or electrically when the inverter was used.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, this has to be a blown fuse cause I've also found that the cigarette lighter behind the center counsel is also not working. It wasn't being used at the time of the power inverter incident. Finding the correct fuse is the problem......it is not the "C/Lighter". Anybody else have a guess?

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Owner's manual. Not trying to be funny. There are so many fuses and on many vehicles...Multiple fuse boxes. Owner's manual is the best place to start. It is also worth having a fuse tester / multi meter so that you can test for continuity without pulling them out to look at them...

If the new fuse blows when inserted then you obviously have an outlet or wiring issue. If it is a blown fuse, check and see what the inverter was rated at and what was being plugged into it. We have a LOT of owners who try to run high wattage items like hair dryers.....Instant fail.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
@Maduro

Maduro

20xx Santa Fe - which engine ??

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Maduro is an unknown quantity at this point

---------------------------------------------------------

Be nice to know what we actually playing with, as it not called in profile, or in text of the 2 posts you made here

I would look it it up on Hyundai Service site to give correct info, but I cannot due to missing info,, help me help you...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The Hyundai dealer I went to was in Renton, Washington. Am out here for a bit for work.

If a 10-20 amp fuse blew, I'd think it would be visibly obvious. That's a lot current and not make any notable burn mark in the plastic.

If my sig doesn't post, I have a 2017 Santa Fe 7 seater, v6 3.3L, AWD.

Maduro

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,318 Posts
Anybody else have a guess?
There isn't any need to guess. Just check ALL the fuses and you'll find the one that's blown.
If you know how, testing every fuse on the car is quicker than rifling through the owner manual.

BTW, there's a power outlet fuse out on the engine bay fusebox.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
YES! AUTOSPARK.....that was it! See the pics. It was the white 20amp fuse in the engine compartment(right side of engine bay). It is the fuse right behind the yellow fuse. Cigarette lighter is working!!! Thank you AUTOSPARK!

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YES! AUTOSPARK.....that was it! See the pics. It was the white 20amp fuse in the engine compartment(right side of engine bay). It is the fuse right behind the yellow fuse. Cigarette lighter is working!!! Thank you AUTOSPARK!
CORRECTION: The white fuse is 25amp (not 20amp)

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
Jeez, I managed to find that blown fuse from way over here in Scotland.
It's shameful that your dealer technician didn't even check the fuses. It's the first thing they should be doing when presented with an electrical fault.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Many things are not working as they should be on this side of the pond, my friend.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
If my sig doesn't post, I have a 2017 Santa Fe 7 seater, v6 3.3L, AWD.

Maduro

Edit your profile (then it show in box at left under username) Tools -> User CP

Now that I have some good info, I am able to track your Chassis ETM at Hyundai Tech site

Appears we have (3) power point in this cabin,, 1 circuit is protected by a 20A fuse (C/Lighter) in the Smart Junction Block (cabin fuse box)....

The other (2) is protected by a lone 25A fuse (Power Outlet) in the E/R Junction Block (engine compartment)

Reactions: Basshound

·
Registered
15,318 Posts
Appears we have (3) power point in this cabin,, 1 circuit is protected by a 20A fuse (C/Lighter) in the Smart Junction Block (cabin fuse box)....

The other (2) is protected by a lone 25A fuse (Power Outlet) in the E/R Junction Block (engine compartment)
Yeah, we know already :laugh:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thank you for this. I was having this same issue. I checked all the fuses in the cabin and they were fine. I did not know about the one in the engine compartment. I replaced that fuse and all is working again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just joined this forum. New owner of a 2016 Limited Ultimate 6 seater and this forum is already paying dividends! I had this exact thing happen. 25a fuse under the hood was the culprit. Weird that those 12v outlets are on different circuits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts