Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, it’s d_amn annoying. My Son’s ‘18 Sonata front “H” emblem fell off recently. Being retired, I am the one who has to take it in to have it glued back on. Lucky me! Fer Gawd Sakes, Hyundai, get on the stick!

·
Registered
2018 Sonata 2.0T Ultimate
79 Posts
Did anyone tamper with it, perhaps trying to grab it as a souvenir?

If you're unsure about tampering, why automatically blame Hyundai?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Never heard of this happening. Could be that it came loose in a car wash. I know I sometimes find pieces of (car wash) felt stuck on mine. Especially in the lettering on the trunk.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
These are not glued on. Do you have the original and just need to have it put back on? If you don't have the original anymore I would bet someone helped themselves to you emblem.

·
Registered
2018 Sonata Limited 2.0T (Mfg:11/09/17)
397 Posts
Never heard of this happening. Could be that it came loose in a car wash. I know I sometimes find pieces of (car wash) felt stuck on mine. Especially in the lettering on the trunk.
Being the emblem is attached to the grille backing with 2 screws along with two fat tabs only accessible by removing the full front bumper, I agree with the carwash theory. Besides, who'd want that big ugly pimple anyway?

Obvious damage to the emblem mount pad would indicate if it had been pulled off by turbulence or brush, rather than just falling off.

Reactions: teezythakidd

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A new one is on order as of today. Yes, we still have the old one that fell off.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did anyone tamper with it, perhaps trying to grab it as a souvenir?

If you're unsure about tampering, why automatically blame Hyundai?
Oh, sure, these are probably being stolen all the time. Hahaha! The plastic H faceplate separated from the backer and fell off in the driveway. Who shall we blame...Al Capone?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes, it’s d_amn annoying. My Son’s ‘18 Sonata front “H” emblem fell off recently. Being retired, I am the one who has to take it in to have it glued back on. Lucky me! Fer Gawd Sakes, Hyundai, get on the stick!

Maybe it followed Hyundai shares on the stock market? Or, the other way around? :grin2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts