Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Undo the wheel arch liner fixings towards the front . As it is made of plastic it will bend back enough to get your hand in to back of lamp

Reactions: fingers mcginty

·
Registered
2021 Hyundai i20 SE Connect
77 Posts
You ought to find a "Bulb replacement" entry in the index of your car's Owner's Manual (that should be downloadable online if you don't have one.)

The Manual for a 2016 Hyundai i10 RHD (UK/Australia) includes advice for replacing a front fog-lamp bulb as shown on the attachments below.

As I understand the (ambiguous) guidance, whether there is an 'under cover' will depend on the type of headlamp (Type A or B) that the car has.

Automotive tire Grille Automotive design Bumper Font
Font Number Screenshot

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Done deal thanks. Handier than i thought. the bulb has 2 filaments. So one of the filaments is a daylight running lamp and the other must be the fog light part but there's no option to turn on front fog lights in the car. I can see where the rear fog switch is but not the front fogs. Maybe it's an option and it's not in my car?

·
Registered
77 Posts
If your car was built without the front fog lights feature, this should be evident from the relevant steering-wheel stalk switch that also turns the rear fog light on (see 1st attachment below). If the switch marked "1" on the stalk can be moved downwards to turn on the rear fog light, but cannot be moved upwards to the front fog lights position, the car does not have the front fog lights feature.

2nd generation (2014-2018) i10s have different frontal treatments depending on when the vehicle was built and/or the exact i10 model. For example, the 2nd attachment shows a 2015 i10 with front fog lights and LED DRLs.

Which twin-filament bulb was needed?
Joint Product Jaw Gesture Font
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
77 Posts
A P21/5W bulb has two filaments - a 25W filament and a 5W filament.

It's most commonly used in a rear combined Stop & Tail light-unit (as mentioned in the table you provided) but - for the year/model of i10 car you have - Hyundai evidently employs the bulb to provide a 21W DRL and a 5W front 'position' light.

You should be able to confirm easily enough that this is the case, as the 5W filament should illuminate when you switch on the parking ('position') lights and the 21W filament should illuminate when the car's motor is running and the handbrake has been released.

(I don't know which model of i10 you have, nor its age, but i10 "S" models built around 2015 appear to have this type of front light-unit in their bumper.)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts