Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi class,

New 2021 Sonata Limited with 700 miles. My front driver fender seems to be detaching. Anyone have this issue?
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire

·
Premium Member
'21 Limited, "18 Limited, "15 Limited
511 Posts
Is this just under the passenger headlight?

·
Premium Member
'21 Limited, "18 Limited, "15 Limited
511 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,992 Posts
That is your bumper cover popping off. it is held in place with plastic clips that snap together,. Either it was not correctly alined when first assembled and when it is pushed on it will break the clip or you have a defective clip.

If you give it a hard push in and dont hear a snap as it engages then the clips are not working correctly and it needs to go to the dealer as a warranty repair.

This often happens when the bumper has been removed to often and the clip loose their ability to snap closed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I had the exact same issue on my 2021 Limited. Dealer ordered the clip and it was a 20 minute fix when I was in for an oil change.

·
Registered
363 Posts
I have the same issue on my N Line, driver front as well, doesn't stick out as far though. I was just in for an oil change yesterday but didn't have them look at any of the little things like that in fear that they would do more damage.

Update 7/30/21: Gave mine a bigger push than normal and now seems to be seated fine, hasn't moved in the last few days / 200+ miles of driving.

·
Registered
22 Tuscan SEL ;21 Sonata N Line
357 Posts
Wife's N line keeps popping out also. But not as bad as the OP one. For ours it's the area the fender meets the front bumper the headlight on the same side has the black rubber seal hanging out slightly also.
It's all interesting for me , half a century old , much experience with new car purchase during that life time and our first Hyundai product is built like a turd. I guess it's an isolated incident. 🤣

1 - 12 of 12 Posts