Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a small clunk noise on the front driver's side at low speeds ...i have replaced both links in front,,right and left,,,both front left and right lower control arms ...all new quality parts... noise still there!! the truck has 73000 original km...what else can it be? shocks? the truck except for low speeds is so smooth and quiet...help please !!!

·
Registered
548 Posts
There are plenty of threads associated with similar noise issues. These are a few I found:
http://www.hyundai-forums.com/187-c...1091-2007-santa-fe-downshift-noise-clunk.html

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/187-cm-2007-2012-santa-fe/120723-front-end-noise.html

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/195-s...604-02-santa-fe-knocking-noise-front-end.html

I know that some of the Santa Fe are newer in the above links, but may aid in a general idea of where to look.

I noticed you already started a thread last month with same issue. In the future, I recommend just continuing on the same thread for 2 good reasons:
1) the thread will be "bumped" up as if just newly posted
2) the info pertaining to the issue would be all on the same thread versus having to search various. I say that not to reprimand or anything but to help assist other members when they encounter similar issues. All the info would be listed in one spot/thread.

Good Luck Mooch1, I hope this time around you find a resolve. -Post an update if and when you do-

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thankyou for the info,,,but i reposted this thread because i changed the parts and still it makes noise...i looked at the other links you provided and the members there also changed my exact parts ,,still the issue is there ,,thanks for all your help..but does anyone know what the noise can be?

·
Registered
548 Posts
even more reason to continue on the same thread you opened last time... if it didn't make a difference the next person in your situation would know also and what else to look for...

I didn't read the entire threads to see if their issues were solved either....or ended up being the same parts you jst replaced...lol sorry, but you see what i mean now? 1 other thread open with same noise and now not have a definite answer to what could be causing the noise. I hope at the very least this 2nd thread gets a final resolve.

Have you checked the strut mounts? There's no wheel play either? As in when shaking the wheel by hand when jacked up. Did you replace the control arms or bushings yourself? I was thinking maybe rack and pinion movement? Check the retaining brackets on it.... Just thinking out loud and throwing out various ideas...

·
Registered
843 Posts
You could look for loosened motor mounts. That could give a clonking noise at various speeds and conditions.
Good luck,
Paul

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same issue

I checked that's parts you have replaced and found it OK.

I think the sound is coming some where from:

1- Steering shaft in side steering jacket tube.
2- FRONT STABILIZER BAR bushing.

any one have replaced them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well after verifing all the parts i replaced...i replaced the front lower control arms left and right,,these come with new bushings and ball joints..then replaced both front stabilizer bar links (moog) ..the noise was still there...was going to replace the front stabilizer bar bushings,,but found they were not easy to get to...so i looked at the links,,one link was defective ,,had no tension ,,,very loose,,so i removed it and brought it to the autoparts where i boiught it,,replaced it under warranty ...installed it and voila !! the truck is as smooth as when it was new...no more noise,,my neighbor had the same issue with a moog link for his car...was defective out of the box new like mine...

·
Registered
548 Posts
Oh wow....so it was the bushings then! Geat! Glad to hear you resolved the issue too. You should post same info on the first thread too! I think that would be pretty helpful...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts