Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Just sharing my findings in case it happens to someone else)

I was looking for the cause of a front-end suspension/direction knocking noise on rough roads. I already replaced both sway bar links and was thinking about replacing the struts mounts.

While doing my last winter oil change, the dealer noted I should replace the steering rack to cure that noise.

While doing my own spring inspection to confirm, I found the rack to be nice n' tight... but the connection from it to the steering column had a slight knock. Hum ?!

So, after all that time searching, all it needed was to re-tighten a single bolt near the floor!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Totally right about that. I normally do all maintenance myself on that car, but sometimes I get lazy when it's -18C / 0F outside ;-)

I still wonder also if it wasn't a way to get me into a new car on payments. Got a few calls from the sales dept. since then. (Not that they tampered with it... just that the car would seem to costly to repair)

·
Registered
407 Posts
Happens at the dealer I go to. Any time I am in for recall work or occasional repair, I get a follow up call from sales asking if I want to trade in and keep the monthly payment. I politely decline each time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts