Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace a seized caliper last month on front driver side.
Replacement went without a hitch.
However I recently noticed pulling to the left pretty severe on the driver side. Also at speeds between 5 and 15 MPH I hear chatter from the front end.

*Every boot on the suspension is in good shape.
*Nothing rubbing agains the rotor
*Chatter does not occur when turning the wheel
* Feel some play pulling from 10 and 3 on the tire
* Tires up in the air and spinning I don't hear any chatter
* Stabilzers are tight and sound

Im not good at diagnosing suspension any suggestions on how to properly diagnose? Based on my prior experience with vehicles Im thinking Ball Joint in this case?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Outter Tie Rod

I took another good look at the tie rods today and noticed that the driver side is def shot.
I attached a pic of the outter new versus old. Ton of play....

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After I replace the outer I will take for an alignment. The inner had no play when pulling in and out.
When I take for an alignment what questions should I ask or should I just ask for the reading and post for advice?

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
I'd just get the alignment done and make sure the final numbers are good. What surprises me is that you haven't seen any feathering in your tire wear.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Everthing got funky when the caliper froze at 80MPH. That probably upset her a little bit. We'll see what the alignment shop says. Its on the lift as I type.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front bushing in lower control arm. Firestone took a crowbar between arm and subframe. Click click clock found the problem. What is everyone's thoughts on a non oem cotrol arm for 80 Raybestos vs 200 from hyundai?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So I found a manufacturer on Rockauto called Auto 7 AUTO 7 HOME they specialize in Hyundai and Kia parts that are manufactured in Korea. I purchased the control and wow it literally is a carbon copy of the Hyundai OEM part. Install is difficult however I have a good assortment of tools including 60 gallon compressor so for me it was not too bad.

1) Remover tire,rotor, caliper, and pads.
2) Remove outer tie rod
3) Remove Ball Joint Nut
4) Take malet and remove ball joint bolt
a. Take fork and beat out the ball joint from the knuckle
5) Remove bolts securing arm to subframe.
6) Install is the reverse, tricky part is getting the control arm lined up to insert all the bolts. (Pry bars, hammer, and small jack, pushing pulling to line everything up)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts