Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone hear front end metal on metal clanking sound when going over hard bumps. If I drive in a big dip in the road and the front end shifts weights down fast I also hear it. Don't hear it all the time though. I can recreate if I drive back over certain bumps. It almost sounds like it bottoms out and the shocks or springs don't cushion it enough. Dealer said it's normal.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
244 Posts
Same here, right side

I didn't found anything slack when doing my inspection..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Same here. I notice it over large bumps instead of sharp ones. Feels like the cargoes all the way down on the shocks and get a hard stop.

Not really a big concen. I believe it's because of the limitedshock's travel due to short wheel wells. :confused:

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
This does not sound normal to me. Sounds like something is lose. Your call, but if it were me, I would have it checked out by the dealer.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Heading toward 9,000 miles, and have hit my share of dips and speed bumps...

Haven`t heard that sound yet...luck11 is right, have the dealer check it out...

If he says it`s normal, take him for a drive in another SFS on the lot, and see if IT makes the noise...

Good Luck...

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
sounds like suspension. you're saying front end, push down hard and fast on each side of the hood. see if you can get it to make any noise.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the same noise on my awd , it comes from the front right when I hit a pump or dip in the road , I have 1700 km now , it did it right from brand new thought it was normal , i'll have it checked out soon

1 - 10 of 10 Posts