Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find the answer anywhere for the depth of a 2005 Sonata front door speaker. I'm looking into aftermarket speakers, and I was wondering what the max depth is that I can have before I interfere with the window when it's rolled down. Also, I wanted to know if it's a coaxial speaker, or a component speaker, considering there's a tweeter up higher on the door.

·
Registered
354 Posts
<depth of front door speaker>

Don't know on '05 Sonata, but overlapping Elantra years have front door speakers 2.25" (depth) (and not coax).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<depth of front door speaker>

Don't know on '05 Sonata, but overlapping Elantra years have front door speakers 2.25" (depth) (and not coax).
Is it common for the depths to be close or the same? And you say it’s not coax, it’s component? So I’d have to get a new component setup? (I’m new to all this audio stuff so i May be using something incorrectly)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Not sure on the '05 Sonata depths, but both models use "protectors" (plastic support housings) in mounting the speakers (the protector was included in the depth I'd measured, as it is integral). I'd think the depths would be close.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts