Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. First time poster here!

I've got the Tucson (LM) and was wanting to create courtesy lights for when the door is opened. Something like this:

Toyota Camry Prius Sienna Venza 18-SMD LED Door Courtesy Lights

I purchased some LED strips to run the corner of the door but not sure where to wire them. To keep everything clean, is it possible to wire them from within the door? The intent is for the lights to come on only when the door is opened, and then turn off when that door is closed.

I saw a forum where each door light was independent of each other. What I mean is, when the driver side door is opened, it will be the only courtesy light that lights up, not all the doors. However, I am willing to do it where all doors light up if there is no other way.

Any help is greatly appreciated! I surfed the forums and google for the whole day but cant find anything that does what I want specific to the Tucson.

Oh, and HyundaiTechInfo never shows the Courtesy & Trunk Lamps Schematics. It just shows a blank window. :(

·
Premium Member
2,744 Posts
Well, your link is a direct Toyota fitment which does not suit Tucson.

If you want that light turns on when door is opened, you need to tap into the dome light circuit or the door switch at door jamb (black rubber). It will be a lot of wiring work. I think it is beyond the scope of general DIY-er.
You may consider
1) wire it to the window light switch inside door, when you turn on the side lights at dusk/night, it lits all the time (door closed you cannot see it).
2) buy a led board 12/18 white leds stick it inside the panel red reflector housing, then wiring as above.
GL.

·
Registered
144 Posts
You'll also need some type of switch or sensor to tell if each door is open. I'd be interested in this mod too. Sometime after I finish with my headlights.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts