Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any clue why some of the Elantra AD's have a front bumper with a black matte lip and others don't?

Been noticing it on some model Elantras. see picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
982 Posts
Different trim levels. The one with the black lip are likely Elantra Sport models. Also possibly a running change or an appearance package.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Different trim levels. The one with the black lip are likely Elantra Sport models. Also possibly a running change or an appearance package.
Nah...it isn’t the Sport model. A super easy way to tell if it was the Sport model would be the horizontal DRL inside that air scoop in the bumper (note picture below of the actual Sport model). The OP’s pic doesn’t have the Sport model DRL. Also that black lip thing you’re talking about on the Sport model is the splitter. Also note the splitter on the Sport model runs lower to the edge of the front bumper and not raised as high as whatever that thing is in the OP’s picture.

Bottom line- I think the OP is showing a car with an aftermarket accessory. It’s odd there’s like a before and after with a side-by-side comparison as if to show a before and after with the accessory added.

·
Registered
982 Posts
You're right. I was looking at some pictures on dealer sites, and thought I saw that on a Sport, but it was probably just a shadow or the way the photo was taken or something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts