Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I backed out of my friends driveway and overlooked the curb and scratched underneath the front bumper.. Now it looks like the bumper might be a little loose. How can I tighten the bumper back up?

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
What I have read and heard is that the bumpers are held by clips. I am not sure. Look at postings of people changing headlights, grills etc.

·
Registered
328 Posts
pictures would help. Ive taken off my bumpers multiple times, its mostly clips, its bolted in under both wheel wells and on the top by the grill under the hood. check to see if the bolts came loose in the wheel wells and if not just press on the area in which is looks loose and it should snap back in place. If you post a picture a can explain more. There are clips located under the head lights and where the fender meets the bumper. hope this helps

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pictures would help. Ive taken off my bumpers multiple times, its mostly clips, its bolted in under both wheel wells and on the top by the grill under the hood. check to see if the bolts came loose in the wheel wells and if not just press on the area in which is looks loose and it should snap back in place. If you post a picture a can explain more. There are clips located under the head lights and where the fender meets the bumper. hope this helps
I'll take some pics tomorrow. It's weird.. Looks like a small gap but it's alright looking when I pull up a little on it.. That probably sounds like the bolt bc the clip sounds like if it's sticking out right?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'll take some pics tomorrow. It's weird.. Looks like a small gap but it's alright looking when I pull up a little on it.. That probably sounds like the bolt bc the clip sounds like if it's sticking out right?

Could be bolts, or if the clip isnt all the way in.

·
Registered
128 Posts
try pulling upwards on the area of the bumper that is hanging low, and give it a solid smack with your hand straight towards the inside of your car. With any luck the clip will pop back into place, witnessed a tech do it on friday on my father's sonata.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts