Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Santa Fe Sport, front brake pads and rotors due at 95,000 klm (only 2mm remaining on front pads). Should I go with Hyundai original parts/equipment . . or other manufacturer parts and repair service?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 SFS and I have replaced my rotors and brake pads with a different manufacturer. The performance stayed the same. I would go with the different manufacturer if I am trying to save money.

Sent from my LG-H933 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you go to the dealer, they will probably use after market parts, unless you specify OEM.
Seriously . . that's surprising to me . . thought dealers always used OEM parts and that was why they were usually more $ than 3rd party repair services. Live and learn I guess. Thnx

·
Registered
120 Posts
That was my experience when I had my Elantra's front brake pads replaced at the dealer.

I would not have known before hand, if I had not asked the service desk if they where using OEM parts.

There was a significant price difference between using aftermarket and OEM parts.

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
That was my experience when I had my Elantra's front brake pads replaced at the dealer.

I would not have known before hand, if I had not asked the service desk if they where using OEM parts.

There was a significant price difference between using aftermarket and OEM parts.
Learn something new every day!

·
Registered
42 Posts
I had to replace mine last fall, and my dealer gave me the option to use either the more expensive OEM or aftermarket cheaper ones (this was in Laval, Quebec) I used the OEM ones, and it came out over 1k for all 4

·
Registered
509 Posts
wether you want to use OEM brake rotors/pads or aftermarket ones I think the real savings is doing the brake replacement yourself. I did the rear brakes on my 2014 2.0 S.F. last year using aftermarket (coated rust resistant rotors were $100.00 for 2) (4 bosch ceramic pads in a box $50.00) (1 liter of Premuim Synthetic Dot 4 brake fluid $15.00) even after taxes its under $200.00 bucks for all parts. that's me installing it. & taking my time to bleed brakes & grease sliders etc...took about 3 hours of my time the real savings is doing the job yourself.

·
Registered
16 Posts
wether you want to use OEM brake rotors/pads or aftermarket ones I think the real savings is doing the brake replacement yourself. I did the rear brakes on my 2014 2.0 S.F. last year using aftermarket (coated rust resistant rotors were $100.00 for 2) (4 bosch ceramic pads in a box $50.00) (1 liter of Premuim Synthetic Dot 4 brake fluid $15.00) even after taxes its under $200.00 bucks for all parts. that's me installing it. & taking my time to bleed brakes & grease sliders etc...took about 3 hours of my time the real savings is doing the job yourself.
What rotors did you use?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts