Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

your question is rather vauge.........is the brake stcking on just one wheel? if so l take it that you have replaced the caliper on that one sticking wheel.....are the two pins that the caliper fits on free so that the caliper can slide?.........if this all checks out o/k undo the bleed nipple, does this free the wheel? if so you may have internal damage on the flexible pipe

if all of this makes no difference you will need to get back to us with some more detail

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
When you replaced the caliper, did you also replace the caliper bracket with the slide pins? A lot of times the slide pins will rust solid if not lubricated properly. Happened to me on the Lexus and the car went through 5 mechanics and three sets of rotors before I realized the the slide pin was seized. Looked like it never had grease from the factory.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Montego @ Jul 5 2010, 03:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338948
welcome to the forums :00000732:

your question is rather vauge.........is the brake stcking on just one wheel? if so l take it that you have replaced the caliper on that one sticking wheel.....are the two pins that the caliper fits on free so that the caliper can slide?.........if this all checks out o/k undo the bleed nipple, does this free the wheel? if so you may have internal damage on the flexible pipe

if all of this makes no difference you will need to get back to us with some more detail
thanks yes it was only sticking on the front left and when you loosen the nipple it relases the pressure. the full caliper was changed cant remember about the pipe

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
if that's the case you may have a blockage in the pipe. make sure that the metal brake pipe that leads to that wheel is not crushed or has a kink in it, if that's o/k then change the flexible pipe

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (Montego @ Jul 5 2010, 03:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338957
if that's the case you may have a blockage in the pipe. make sure that the metal brake pipe that leads to that wheel is not crushed or has a kink in it, if that's o/k then change the flexible pipe
Hi there,
I checked the pipes and there are no apparent kinks. the only thing i could come up with was that may be the sensor for the ABS on that wheel is causing this??? There is no shuderring of the pedal but just very hard and it doesnt happen all the time.

Regards

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
yes, but what about the fleible pipe? these can rot on the inside and cause a blockage. you said that if you release the bleed nipple it frees the brake.....its nothing to do with the abs sensor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (Montego @ Jul 12 2010, 02:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340971
yes, but what about the fleible pipe? these can rot on the inside and cause a blockage. you said that if you release the bleed nipple it frees the brake.....its nothing to do with the abs sensor
Itook it off the caliper and it was free flowing but i will replace it.

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts