Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I pulled the caliper pins off the front brakes just to re-grease them. One pin has a bushing and the other doesn't. Does anyone know if it makes a difference which position the pin with the bushing on it goes into the bracket?

I didn't make a note of which pin goes where when I pulled them and now I think I'm stuck. If for instance on the passenger side, say one pin location is at 12 o'clock and the other say at 7 o'clock, which of the two would the bushing go? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,786 Posts
Not sure what you mean. Most calipers have a slider at the mounting points at each end and they are usually the same. The only difference I have seen on some cars they may have different size bolts to attach the caliper to the slides. More explanation or some pics would be better.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, the OP most likely has OEM calipers with pins as shown in the two Amazon pages I linked yesterday. Contrary to notes on Amazon Web site, the one with the bushing goes on top and the one w/o on the bottom:
Front brake caliper pin, upper- part# 58162-2F300
Front brake caliper pin, lower - part# 58161-2F300
That's how it is on my calipers.

·
Registered
586 Posts
The rubber bushing always goes on the forward most position. It's because when you use the brakes, the caliper will be pushed forward by the momentum of the rotor. The bushing is to help cushion the blow. So it will be positioned based on the rotation of the rotor. A rear mounted caliper it would be the top pin, a forward mounted caliper it would be the bottom pin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I pulled the caliper pins off the front brakes just to re-grease them. One pin has a bushing and the other doesn't. Does anyone know if it makes a difference which position the pin with the bushing on it goes into the bracket?
I didn't make a note of which pin goes where when I pulled them and now I think I'm stuck. If for instance on the passenger side, say one pin location is at 12 o'clock and the other say at 7 o'clock, which of the two would the bushing go? Thanks.
Bit late, but in case it helps someone: On the 2006-2010 sonata 3.3l, the caliper pin with rubber bushing is the lower/bottom one; you can check diagrams against part pictures, part# 58162-2F300 is the lower pin, also OEM part 1274-nflowf

1 - 8 of 8 Posts