Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else getting frequent false alarm collision warnings with their nav ABS? I must get 4 or 5 on a trip. DH and I were out on a country road with gently rolling hills, not a car, tree, fence or telephone poll in sight, and had to have had 20+ warnings of collisions! After a while, it was funny. We joked it must have been a ghost army. But really, it's a headache. And, I can't get the dealer to take it seriously because it's an intermittent problem.

Doodlebug

·
Registered
175 Posts
1. Videotape it in a safe way. Then you would have an easier time getting the dealer to... DEAL with the issue...
2. I only got a handful of those in about 22k miles I have on my 2016 PHEV.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I've had a handful on my '16 in 35,000 miles as well. One was just like yours: a country road, bright sunshine and nothing around, not even fences or guardrails, just dirt.

When I reported it to the dealer I wrote it up as "seeing ghosts" but they, of course, drove it around the block and proclaimed all was well.

·
Registered
404 Posts
I get them on my 15 as well. Usually same scenario, no vehicles close enough to register and bam! collision alert.

Always happens when it's warm out. What I've noticed is this time of year the bugs are bad and the sensor plate will be splattered with huge bug guts. This is just a guess but I'm thinking that it's caused from some of these pterodactyl sized bugs that splat all over the sensor. Check the front grill plate for bug guts and wipe it off. Next time it happens look at the sensor again. If it's clean then my theory is shot to poo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts