Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In light of replacing a couple ignition key cylinder on 4G Sonata, I have keys from 2 new cylinders up for grabs (new cylinders were coded for customer current key at locksmith).

Here is how it works... you provide me with your key code, and if it match the set I have, you get (2) new master keys fresh from Hyundai ----> FREE --->> MSRP on the un-cut key blanks is $10.50 each.... :thumbsup:

I only have the (2) pair seen in the picture. Must have a Sonta, and if possible, have pic of your OE key code tag.. All I ask is return actual shipping from the envelope, and only ship to lower 48 (USA), no exports.

Good luck... I am a little slow with responding to messages, so bear with me.. Good luck !!

Forgot to add : I'll be out of town 7/17 to 7/22 with limited access, be at Hyundai school.. :grin:

Had 1 try already, no match..

Attachments

·
Registered
587 Posts
Isn't every key different? If they weren't then people that own a Sonata could try their key in every Sonata they see parked somewhere or on a dealers lot and possibly get lucky to find one that uses the same key?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
QUOTE (rallyman @ Jul 15 2010, 09:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341923
Isn't every key different? If they weren't then people that own a Sonata could try their key in every Sonata they see parked somewhere or on a dealers lot and possibly get lucky to find one that uses the same key?
The set on the left has code X yyyyy and the set on the right has X zzzz..

Your code match what I have on the tag with the pair of keys, I'll send you an extra set of same coded keys as seen in the picture.... I "might" have a line on set #3... but I do not know yet..

·
Registered
237 Posts
There are only so many combinations of a key that could be cut. So it is possible that your key will fit another Sonata and vice-versa. There are so many combinations of car & key that the possibility of finding a match are slim.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
BTT --

Only had (3) players so far, nobody match yet....

Surely somebody would like to get (2) FREE keys for their car as spares..

$20+ MSRP on the (2) blanks alone, just cover the postage if you win :banana:

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
QUOTE (Suzanna @ Jul 24 2010, 11:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=344495
What year and model are they for?
2006 to 2010 Sonata

Where are the numbers you need?
If you bought the car new, there should have been a tag attached to the 3 key set showing the key code, it is a 5 character code, kinda like "X1234"

If you do not have code, visit dealer parts dept with proper documentation with VIN that you own vehicle and ID (that is our policy before we go on-line and get key code for you)..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1 - 14 of 14 Posts