Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hyundai to include iPads instead of manuals?
AUSTRALIAN MACWORLD STAFFAPR 15, 2010
ADVERTISEMENT

We're not sure what to make of this one. It could be a publicity stunt, or we could just be bitter that we now have to wait for our iPads.
There are a few reports going around that suggest Hyundai will include iPads with its upcoming Equus model in 2011, instead of the now 'old-fashioned' paper manuals.
When Hyundai CEO John Krafcik announced the model at the New York Auto Show recently, he used the term "wireless multimedia tablet", but Ed Hellwig from InsideLine reports that it was "pretty obvious what he was referring to".
"And not only would the Equus iPad have the entire owner's manual loaded up", writes Hellwig, "it would also include an application that would allow owners to set up service appointments and get updated information on the car."
We've skimmed through a press release for the Equus, but can't find any specific details regarding an iPad or 'wireless multimedia tablet'.
Perhaps Michael Leroy from CarReview puts it best: "A much more convenient method of digitizing the manual would be to have it displayed on the car’s built-in navigation screen rather than a 3rd party device. This is better in practice, but it does not carry the same buzz as a free iPad."

·
Premium Member
4,860 Posts
QUOTE (Tommer @ Apr 15 2010, 11:22 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=313542
Hyundai to include iPads instead of manuals?
AUSTRALIAN MACWORLD STAFFAPR 15, 2010
ADVERTISEMENT

We're not sure what to make of this one. It could be a publicity stunt, or we could just be bitter that we now have to wait for our iPads.
There are a few reports going around that suggest Hyundai will include iPads with its upcoming Equus model in 2011, instead of the now 'old-fashioned' paper manuals.
When Hyundai CEO John Krafcik announced the model at the New York Auto Show recently, he used the term "wireless multimedia tablet", but Ed Hellwig from InsideLine reports that it was "pretty obvious what he was referring to".
"And not only would the Equus iPad have the entire owner's manual loaded up", writes Hellwig, "it would also include an application that would allow owners to set up service appointments and get updated information on the car."
We've skimmed through a press release for the Equus, but can't find any specific details regarding an iPad or 'wireless multimedia tablet'.
Perhaps Michael Leroy from CarReview puts it best: "A much more convenient method of digitizing the manual would be to have it displayed on the car’s built-in navigation screen rather than a 3rd party device. This is better in practice, but it does not carry the same buzz as a free iPad."

:eek:fftopic:

·
Banned
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How is it off topic, 'tard. The topic is free iPad with purchase. That's what the topic is, isn't it?????? :00000732:

Got any more junk you want to sell for 90% of the original price???

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
well, you both have a point but this should not be in the sonata forum as it refers to general hyundai models or maybe just the equus model, l am moving it to a better location

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think I still prefer the old fashioned book. If there's a problem with the navigation system, you may not have access to the manual. But if the ipad is used, you need to carry it with you every time you take the car out for a drive...

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (tati25 @ Apr 20 2010, 10:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314924
I think I still prefer the old fashioned book. If there's a problem with the navigation system, you may not have access to the manual. But if the ipad is used, you need to carry it with you every time you take the car out for a drive...
I don't understand, why wouldn't you have the iPad that's meant to stay in your car as an owner's manual in your car when you drive?

But, old fashion book or iPad, I smell a Hyundai Phaeton
It was great with Genesis sedan taking on the big boys and such, but butting heads with the 7 series and the S class? I dunno..

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE (Lupin @ Apr 21 2010, 10:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315517
I don't understand, why wouldn't you have the iPad that's meant to stay in your car as an owner's manual in your car when you drive?

But, old fashion book or iPad, I smell a Hyundai Phaeton
It was great with Genesis sedan taking on the big boys and such, but butting heads with the 7 series and the S class? I dunno..
Because that would be waiting for it go get stolen. And also, if you have an ipad you would want to use it outside the car, at home to see a movie or read a book... Now would you carry it around to and off the car everytime you go for a drive?

·
Banned
630 Posts
of course you get a free $500 device when you purchase a $60,000 Korean car..makes sense doesn't it???? :blink: :wacko:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts