Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
supposedly it's free oil change for life as long as I do my maintence with them.

so they say my maintenance is due....it's 60 bucks to "inspect" all fluids and 30 bucks to rotate my tires.

mind you car only has 9000 miles and I don't need the fluids checked.

it's a obvious bate and switch.

As far as I'm concerned, my next "major" tune up is a air filter and possibly new brake pads.

anyhow, they saw the disgust in my face so they waived the oil change fee this time.

I won't name any dealer names but that is that.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (mayasonata @ Nov 23 2010, 07:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374333
supposedly it's free oil change for life as long as I do my maintence with them.

so they say my maintenance is due....it's 60 bucks to "inspect" all fluids and 30 bucks to rotate my tires.

mind you car only has 9000 miles and I don't need the fluids checked.

it's a obvious bate and switch.

As far as I'm concerned, my next "major" tune up is a air filter and possibly new brake pads.

anyhow, they saw the disgust in my face so they waived the oil change fee this time.

I won't name any dealer names but that is that.
No need to name the dealer, they are all the same. Everyone I know has or had some issue with the billing from their service department. 9k miles and they charged you 90 bucks. That would be the last time I go in for service. You have the right to have your vehicle serviced at any licensed repair shop you see fit. As long as they preform the recommended services at the correct service intervals you will not have a problem with the warranty. Just make sure you hang on to your receipts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
My dealership charges for oil changes but if you do all your oil changes with them they will extend the power train warranty for the life of the vehicle.

I will pass though only because I enjoy doing my own light maintenance and oil changes and I know that the amsoil synthetic and napa gold filters are better than whatever they would put in the car.

I am sure the "catch" is that every oil change they do they suggest all kinds of other "ad ons" and I figure over the life of the vehicle (if I own it that long, which I doubt) I will save money by just doing it myself.

There is ALWAYS a catch

1 - 4 of 4 Posts