Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I'm new to the sonata turbo just picked it up yesterday 2012 limited with nav I came from a 2011 limited no turbo

Well any way I took off the hose that goes to the solinode or whatever it is and I put electrical tape to cover the hose is that correct ? I can hear the spool now but just wanna make sure it's correct

·
Registered
623 Posts
That will work for now. Best option is to find a hardware store and get a 4pack of of the bar-stool or chair leg protectors. They are rubber (like on the bottom of a cane perhaps) and will fit snug onto the opening of the intake tube.
This will allow you to remove the hose all together.
I picked up a package for around 3-4 $'s. I've since gone with the Nameless intake (w/ stock box) I'd mail you one if you wanted, but it's pretty cheap for the hear and now to just drop a five'r and be done with it.

I also use a K&N filter over the BOV just to keep dust N crap out. It's not really needed, but it looks better.
search BOV mod and you'll get some threads that show what others have done. Welcome to the club. I went from a 2011 NA to the turbo also and LOVE it. Dont forget the strut tower brace. brings the handling where it should be.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Sounds right but I believe people here and on the youtubers they used what I think is a chair leg cover or something to put right on the open hose.

·
Registered
920 Posts
That will work for now. Best option is to find a hardware store and get a 4pack of of the bar-stool or chair leg protectors. They are rubber (like on the bottom of a cane perhaps) and will fit snug onto the opening of the intake tube.
I picked up a package for around 3-4 $'s. I've since gone with the Nameless intake (w/ stock box) I'd mail you one if you wanted, but it's pretty cheap for the hear and now to just drop a five'r and be done with it.

I also use a K&N filter over the BOV just to keep dust N crap out. It's not really needed, but it looks better.
search BOV mod and you'll get some threads that show what others have done. Welcome to the club. I went from a 2011 NA to the turbo also and LOVE it. Dont forget the strut tower brace. brings the handling where it should be.
Thanks for the details. Got it before I did. :p

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Alright thanks man and yea I transferred my strut bar from my 2011 to this one I have the ultra racing one and I like that one as for intake I'm looking at the k&n cause I had that on my 2.4 and I loved it

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a 1" chair leg cover from Home Depot the other day to do this mod and it works perfect. When you ask where they are, they have no clue what you're talking about, so ask where the Felt Pad's that go on chair feet are, there's a huge section for them. There's a ton of colors, I obviously picked black to match and it fit like a champ. This is only temporary until I put my new Injen setup in though. Then I gotta use something else.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts