Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I had my battery replaced November 2008. Today, I had it replaced FREE at Wal-Mart. I noticed yesterday the car slow to crank up, I thought it was just a spoof. Did it today, I tested the battery it was charging good, but was loosing power under load. It had like 400 cold cranking amps, the battery was supposed to have 700 with its age, or 800-900 new. I'm surprised my car started. The battery was made November 2008, an Everstart 72 month pro-rated, free 2 year replacement. I was lucky. I will have to check, its either November 2008 or December 2008 I had it replaced. I thought Everstarts were supposed to be good. Maybe a flook. I have about 60k on the battery. Wal-Mart rocks for batteries pricing and warranty. The Auto Parts store charges more, you get less, plus Everstarts look nicer.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Right one B! It's nice to see folks stand behind the warranty! Keep the receipt...as you well know. May need it in 2 years.

You know, people bash Wal-Mart, but I'd bet they bashed K-Mart b4 the net was here and we just didn't see it. I've never had a problem with anything I've purchased there even when I've had to return it. Guess that's why they're at $54 a share.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I just replaced the battery...it was only pulling 220 CCA's and it still started...so you could have gone a while, lucky you caught it before the full replacement warranty expired.

I don't shop at WalMart, just curious, how much was the new battery? ( I know it was free to you)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just an FYI... International Battery make EverStart MAXX...

WalMart batteries range from about $45-$75 depending on the grade, I think. I don't work in automotive, so I'm not 100% sure.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2 years ago it was 60 bucks I think, now they are 67 plus tax and core. About a week away from free replacement! :) Its a 72 month battery, the **** with Auto Parts stores over priced less warranty crappy batteries.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts