Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

• My vehicle engine had seized up on me while driving so I had it towed to Ourisman Hyundai of Laurel on March 3, 2022. Their contact information is 3518 Laurel Ft Meade Rd Laurel, Md 20707 and (301) 973-3359. Upon their evaluation they said that my engine seized up due to lack of maintenance oil changes and denied my claim. Upon me doing research on the web, I saw that Hyundai had a Class Action lawsuit against them in regards to the faulty Theta II engines in their cars. I immediately contacted the Better Business Bureau and filed a claim and complaint against Hyundai Motor Corporation. My car remained at the dealership during the entire processing of the claim until final pickup on August 24, 2022. The dealership submitted their findings and I submitted my evidentiary documents for the Arbitrator to view and issue the final decision on my claim. The arbitrator reached a verdict on July 29, 2022 in my favor for a Lifetime Engine Replacement for my vehicle as long as I owned the vehicle. Hyundai Motor Corporation informed Ourisman Hyundai Service Manager Michael Goldberg that they approved the replacement of my vehicles engine. I was told that they would get started on my vehicle once the engine was delivered to them. My father who is an ASE Certified Mechanic handled all of the correspondences with everyone in the dealership because of his expertise. On August 19, 2022, he received a text message from the Service Adviser Alan Reed stating that additional immediate work was needed on my vehicle. He sent my dad an itemized list of all of those items which totaled $3169.95. My dad informed him once again that he was a 25 year ASE Certified Mechanic and he would complete any additional work that was needed. Alan Reed informed my dad that my car was ready and had been test driven and running good. I picked my car up on August 24, 2022 thinking that everything was good with it. Two days later the check engine light came on and that’s when this nightmare started. I immediately parked the car and called Mr. Alan Reed and informed him about the Check Engine Light. He said that he didn’t have any appointments until that following Wednesday, August 31, 2022. I immediately kept my car parked because I felt it was unsafe to drive it with that light on. I waited several days to check to see if the light was still on and it wasn’t so I called the service adviser Mr. Alan Reed back to inform him of it and I asked his suggestions. He said that if it was out then you should be fine. I took his word and drove my vehicle to Philadelphia on September 3, 2022. Upon me returning home on September 5, 2022, my car started making loud noises and shaking when I was at stop lights. This was very frightening because I could’ve killed myself or another driver on the road. I was very thankful to God that I was close to home and I made it safely. I called the Service Adviser Alan Reed and informed him what had occurred and he told me to bring it in to be checked out. On September 7, 2022, Mr. Alan Reed sent my dad another text message stating that my vehicle needed more immediate additional work done on it which totaled to $ He also stated that the engine wouldn’t be fixed because his mechanic said that my vehicle had proof of being in an accident. He stated that it caused all the extensive damage to my vehicle. First of all, from the time I picked my vehicle up from them on August 24, 2022 until bringing it back to them on September 6, 2022, I have never been involved in any kind of accident. They made this cover story up to cover themselves because their mechanic left the bolts unloose and it caused my car major damage from it. They sent my dad a video of my car and what they said showed being involved in an accident and it clearly didn’t show any body damage at all to those areas where it should’ve shown damage for the substantial invoice they gave me. There is no damage to the entire front end at all. The front bumper sits lower than the subframe so if the subframe was damaged as they said then the front bumper would be as well which it isn’t. With that amount of impact that they’re claiming the front struts should be pushed back in the wheel well also and it isn’t. Also with that amount of impact there should be fresh strap marks on the subframe and front bumper somewhere. There’s no evidence of any of what they’re claiming. My dad even spoke to the general manager Mr. Hess for resolution and he too stated that they he was going on the word of his shop Forman and mechanic. They couldn’t explain any of their findings when I went their for under carriage viewing and videotaping. It didn’t add up at all nothing on this outrageous bill was needed for my vehicle. I’m still out with an inoperable vehicle which they’re responsible for. I haven’t even had my car for a good two weeks before my engine is damaged. I’m clueless cause there’s no evidence to substantiate their findings. Mr. Alan Reed even stated to my dad that I should just go through my insurance company and he told him that you’re out of your mind!! This is not an insurance issue it’s there issue and they need to bite the bullet and fix my car!! We have additional videos from under the car and around it. We also have pictures and documentations from them asking for substantial amounts of money for repairs. Once you compare invoices you will definitely see the fraudulent and contradictory evidence. I had my car towed from there on September 8, 2022, because I didn’t feel comfortable leaving it there after all of the misleading and fraudulent activities displayed by them. I need my vehicle to commute back and forth to work. Please let me know what other documentations you may need. I have everything to substantiate this fraudulent act. Thanks for your immediate attention to this frustrating fraudulent matter. They need to be exposed and dealt with immediately. I can’t get over how they gave me a unsafe vehicle to begin with!! How can they explain with the damages they lied about showing no evidence of damages to none of the body,front bumper, grill and not no scrapes under the vehicle. The front bumper sits lower then the subframe so how can the subframe be damaged and as you can see in the photos the front bumper is fully in tack can someone please explain how this is possible
  • Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive parking light

Car Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Grille Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Car Tire Vehicle Grille

·
Registered
675 Posts
that's a pretty unfortunate situation.
not to make you more aggravated, but your post does not include necessary information to speculate on what you may do next.

did you buy the car new?
if not, does it have a salvaged title?

what "extensive work" did they say needed to be done the first time you took it in? as well as the second time?

what was the check engine codes after you picked it up the first time?

are they claiming the accident was in between the time you got the new engine and the second time you took it in?

the subframe height and bumper height dont have any relavence here. there's pretty easy ways to cover up damage at first glance, with it being more noticeable after tearing car down.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
what "extensive work" did they say needed to be done the first time you took it in? as well as the second time?
what was the check engine codes after you picked it up the first time?
are they claiming the accident was in between the time you got the new engine and the second time you took it in?
the subframe height and bumper height dont have any relavence here. there's pretty easy ways to cover up damage at first glance, with it being more noticeable after tearing car down.
This sums up the needed information.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The first estimate was for normal repairs the car sat from march 3rd to aug 4th so as expected the rotors would be rusted do to inclement weather cabin and engine air filters,tires and drive belt which shows no cracks. The brakes didn’t even need replacing they had 7mm on rear and 6mm on front which Is more then 1/2 the life left yet they wanted me to pay over $1800 to get them done (fraud) they are claiming that a major accident happened after I picked up the car from them the first time when they put the engine in which was a 2 week span. They never told me what the code was they claimed that the accident happened the second time it was brought to them .if it happened during the first time then yes I agree they should had caught everything they claimed was wrong the first time there’s no way you can miss damaged subframe both front axles front struts and mount both lower control arms I must had ran into a swimming pool for it to cause all of this major frontend damage if none of these significant major damages weren’t noticed before they put the engine in how am I going to cover up that amount of damage. Since you said that it can be covered up make it make since and there’s absolutely no damage to the front clip at all inquiring minds want to know

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I’m not up here trying to argue my case that’s what we have the justice system for I was just trying to put people on alert of the fraud and untrustworthy work that this dealership if given out just remember you been warned

·
Registered
675 Posts
ok. makes sense. thanks for the warning.

I was not trying to accuse you of covering anything up, sorry if it came across that way. I mentioned the damage cover up thing as an informative statement not an accusatory one.

I was asking those questions to get a better idea of the time-line of things and a better understanding of what the damage is so I could give my opinion.

good luck with the situation, dealers are definitely known to be less than truthful sometimes. but then again, aren't we all?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts