Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I made the thread last time about how Forza 3 included every single North American sub-compact car except the Accent, which is a bit of an insult to say the least but at least they didn't ignore an entire class of vehicles. GT5 only has an older Yaris, though we would probably recognize it as the Echo here in North America so I guess it doesn't really count. They have a lot of kei cars and other older small cars but none of the modern ones.

That being said, Hyundai also in general got snubbed by GT5. The cars? Two old concept cars (Clix/HCD6) and the rest are all Tiburons, just under various badging names from their various locales for a total of 5 Coupe/Tiburon/Tuscani. Yes, ladies and gentlemen - not even the Hyundai Genesis Coupe made it into GT5. You know, only the car that's hit the tuner scene by a storm and gained huge respect by anyone who knows anything about cars. What a joke. Every major manufacturer in the game has at least two dozen different cars, but Hyundai has 7, with 5 of them being variants of each other? Nice to see the effort!

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
QUOTE (Naky @ Nov 15 2010, 09:44 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371772
Well, I made the thread last time about how Forza 3 included every single North American sub-compact car except the Accent, which is a bit of an insult to say the least but at least they didn't ignore an entire class of vehicles. GT5 only has an older Yaris, though we would probably recognize it as the Echo here in North America so I guess it doesn't really count. They have a lot of kei cars and other older small cars but none of the modern ones.

That being said, Hyundai also in general got snubbed by GT5. The cars? Two old concept cars (Clix/HCD6) and the rest are all Tiburons, just under various badging names from their various locales for a total of 5 Coupe/Tiburon/Tuscani. Yes, ladies and gentlemen - not even the Hyundai Genesis Coupe made it into GT5. You know, only the car that's hit the tuner scene by a storm and gained huge respect by anyone who knows anything about cars. What a joke. Every major manufacturer in the game has at least two dozen different cars, but Hyundai has 7, with 5 of them being variants of each other? Nice to see the effort!
Hyundai doesn't have a big line-up and hasn't built a boatload of different models either. It's still dumb they didn't include the Gen Coupe.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Ahh Forza 3 one of my favourite games.

I have a 3 screen forza rig in my basement 3 24" screens 3 Xboxes and 3 copies of the game. One Xbox does the front view and the other 2 draw perhiperal views. I'll snap a picture of it some time I'm trying to find the racing seat I want I think I'm going to get a Game Racer USA seat... about the best out there....

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (burnitwithfire @ Nov 15 2010, 09:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371783
Hyundai doesn't have a big line-up and hasn't built a boatload of different models either. It's still dumb they didn't include the Gen Coupe.
Yeah, it's just a little silly. You'd think they'd jump all over a nice rear wheel drive car that was actually built with performance in mind but nah - we get the old FWD Tiburons instead. I heard GT6 is going to focus on converting most of the current cars into 'premium' cars too, so there'll likely be next to no real additions made with some small exceptions. Likely the Genesis Coupe will join in that exception list but I'm pretty disappointed right now. I waited so many years for this game and it's just a prettier version of GT4 :( Back to throwing things at the Forza 3 team to include the one subcompact car they decided not to put into their game for some unknown reason, I guess; that and intentionally smashing a Versa into an Aveo for petty revenge :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts