Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For people without automatic headlights,

Does your car give you a warning tone if you've left your headlights on?

Mine doesn't and I thought it was weird.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
They'll turn off automatically 30 seconds after the last door is closed as a 'follow me home' courtesy. You can cancel the delay when locking by pressing the lock button twice.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I asked about the automatic headlights when I bought my GLS and was told that you have to get the Limited to get those. The sticker had them on it but this thread was the first I knew of the follow me home feature and I have been driving this thing since May, Ha Ha. Thanks for the enlightenment.

·
Banned
1,850 Posts
The sticker had them on it but this thread was the first I knew of the follow me home feature
Wait a sec.

If YOUR sticker had auto headlights listed, you need to have a SERIOUS talk with your dealer.....about something that you paid for but did not get. ;)

And anyone who is considering leaving them ON all the time and using the timeout feature needs to consider that having the headlights ON during the daytime also means that the tail lights are on all the time.......and that makes the brake lights harder to notice in the bright sun. NOT a good thing to do.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
There's a difference between fully automatic headlights (which the Limited has) and auto-off headlights but it seems no dealership sales staff in the history of EVER has known it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts