Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
QUOTE (crayb @ Nov 14 2010, 09:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371643
Have you noticed a problem with the tint adhering to the rear window where the factory "dots" are?

TIA

Ray
I've had the windows on my SE tinted since last February. Temps in my area ranged from near 0 degrees to about 95 degrees without any problems with the film. My car sits outside 24/7.

Don

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE (crayb @ Nov 16 2010, 12:43 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372065
So does the Lifetime warranty include replacing the rear defrost grids if they have to R/R tint? I'd assume the tint would pull the grids off when it's removed.
Ray
I had tint removed from the back window of another car, and if it's done correctly, there will be no damage to the grids.

The way they did mine was to spray the inside of the window with Orange Blast (citris base), they then placed black garbage bags on the outside to cover the entire window.
After about an hour in the sun, the bags absorbed a lot of heat, which made it easy to remove the tint.

You have to go to shops that know what they're doing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Nov 16 2010, 01:00 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=372069
Warranty will be void due to modifications. In this case the modification is the installation of tint.

Not a expert on tint, but don't think it will damage the lines if it's removed properly, meaning some sort of solution to loosen the film. Now if you were to just pull at it then it will probably do some damage.
What modification? What are you talking about?
No problem with the warranty.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Dot matrix is not a problem IF installer cleans the area REALLY well, PLUS they need a semi-flexible squeegee to get ALL moisture out of the dots. With a hard squeegee, it won't get everything out from among the dots, and film doesn't adhere properly. Moisture eventually evaporates, but it diminishes the adhesion of the film. My installer always hits all that area with his heat gun even after removing all apparent moisture. Never a problem. Just make sure your installer is not going to rush the job.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts