Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ Apr 18 2010, 09:16 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314308
Is the price they give you out the door price or are they still before tax/title and fees?
I bought my car through zag couple of days ago. It's includes destination/freight charge and some dealer fees. It does not include tax, title and registration since each state and county is different. From my experience there were two dealers that didn't honor the zag price. Remind them that they are contractually bound to honor it. If they don't honor the price call zag and report them to zag and they will be taken off the program and receive a downgrade in their grade on their customer satisfaction. I did this to two dealers since they pulled the good ol' bait and switch...they wanted to haggle. I was able to get the se with nav and dimmng mirror for about 24,450 which is 500 under invoice

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which state are you in? Can you tell me which dealers were they? I am in VA and I just went through American Express which is on Zag.com. They have the SE and Limited with complete package for 1700 below invoice. I am going this weekend to check it out but won't be buying yet cuz i still have to take all the performance stuff out of my trade in car. Do you have to buy it then when you present the paper right there and then or can you not buy it that day and still get the price when you come back later?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I got a great price for a white limited no nav, $23,328 + TT&T but when I went to Flemmington Hyundai in NJ they offered me $2500 less for my trade than my local dealer, so just because they are part of the Zag.com group doesn't mean they aren't still scum bags, so be careful.

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (Derek-n-Jessie @ Apr 19 2010, 02:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314630
I got a great price for a white limited no nav, $23,328 + TT&T but when I went to Flemmington Hyundai in NJ they offered me $2500 less for my trade than my local dealer, so just because they are part of the Zag.com group doesn't mean they aren't still scum bags, so be careful.
Let me paraphrase your post and say:

"...so just because they are part of the Zag.com group doesnt mean they will still try to make a profit some other way, so be careful."

Keep in mind that dealers operate a business and every business has a right to try to make money. If Flemmington Hyundai isnt going to make a big profit off of selling you a car at below invoice, I wouldnt exactly call them 'scumbags' because they are trying to make some of it back some other way.

We should be lucky that theres places like Zag.com out there making it easy for consumers to get a great deal on a car with little legwork. Dealers are going to continue to try to be profitable though.

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (Mike Eckman @ Apr 19 2010, 03:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314643
Keep in mind that dealers operate a business and every business has a right to try to make money. If Flemmington Hyundai isnt going to make a big profit off of selling you a car at below invoice, I wouldnt exactly call them 'scumbags' because they are trying to make some of it back some other way.

We should be lucky that theres places like Zag.com out there making it easy for consumers to get a great deal on a car with little legwork. Dealers are going to continue to try to be profitable though.
Keep in mind though, buyers off of sites like Zagg.com and Cars Direct are typically using less dealer resources to close their sale. These customers have done their homework, looked around, and are basically coming in and 'checking out' their car; there is little to no salesmanship involved. As a salesman I love to make $50-$100 working with a customer for an hour. But if I can make $20 in ten minutes, and get another customer on my rolls for call backs service and accesories, i'm not gonna drive that customer away. Ask how much yer local 'internet sales' guy makes off each vehicle sale, then ask how he ranks as far as income vs other salesmen. Lately, he's been the leader or top 5 in paycheck size. And his customers aren't wasting a salespersons time (payroll) or drinking your water and popcorn (expenses).

·
Registered
603 Posts
When you go through Zag to get your car, do you need to finance it through American Express or Capital One? Or can you still get dealer financing?

If not, how do they even know you are eligible for Zag pricing? Why doesnt everyone use it, etc?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts