Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Sonata Sport 2.4L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

Curious, when you installed LED's into the dome lights did the "movie theater" effect still work? By that I mean when the door(s) open the lights brighten up slowly and vice versa when they are shut. Or is it just on/off with the LED?

I love LED's probably will get rid of the car before the LED's burn out! =)

Thanks for your time!

Dave

·
Registered
258 Posts
works that way in my honda, i don't see why it wouldn't in a hyundai. the circuit is essentially the same. haven't done it to my sonata yet though since i no longer daily drive it but i definitely plan to.

·
Registered
2016 Sonata Sport 2.4L
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
works that way in my honda, i don't see why it wouldn't in a hyundai. the circuit is essentially the same. haven't done it to my sonata yet though since i no longer daily drive it but i definitely plan to.

You lost me. So you're saying the light just goes ON/OFF? Or the "movie theater" effect still happens?

·
Registered
842 Posts
The "movie theater" effect works in my Santa Fe. I also ordered lights that specified that they would work with dim to off systems. The LED's I bought for my GMC Sierra do not work that way, they flicker once or twice then shut off. Make sure you read the description to ensure that the lights will work with the dim to off feature.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It works fine when swapped my rear dome to LED. Same thing in my previous 2007 A6, 2007 Acura TL, 2001 Audi A8L.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Greetings!

Curious, when you installed LED's into the dome lights did the "movie theater" effect still work? By that I mean when the door(s) open the lights brighten up slowly and vice versa when they are shut. Or is it just on/off with the LED?

I love LED's probably will get rid of the car before the LED's burn out! =)

Thanks for your time!

Dave
In my 2017 Sonata they turn on right away but fade out when I start the engine or turn alarm on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts