Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...if you have an iPhone 4, it works!

I was on the way home from work and I saw a missed call from my sister. So, I pressed the call button and said her name last then first like I would have to on my old 3G. To my surprise it did not recognize the name, so I decided to take a chance and say it first then last. To my surprise it accepted the call and repeated her name back to me in the same manner. Best $200 fix ever! jk

·
Registered
71 Posts
QUOTE (Mikefg830 @ Jun 24 2010, 12:17 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335720
...if you have an iPhone 4, it works!

Best $200 fix ever! jk
I used to have TWO iPhones (one for work, one for personal) and both had severe network problems here in the Wash DC area. Apple replace both phones (the personal one, 3 times!) and stated that the problem was the phone. Unfortunately, the dropped calls kept happening. What was their alternate fix? They advised me to turn OFF the 3G data connection! No Deal!!!! So I eventually paid the early termination fees and jumped on a Droid with the Verizon network. No issues! Does all the things my iPhone could, and the phone part of it actually works!!!!!

I sincerely hope that AT&T and Apple fix their issue for the rest of you who may still be experiencing this issue. Hope you are enjoying your iPhone 4.

·
Banned
630 Posts
just got my new iphone 4....haven't paired with sonata yet (will do at lunch) but I'm curious to see how it interacts....

btw the reception and call clarity is definitely increased with the iphone 4 (over the 3G/3GS) so far so good!

·
Registered
652 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 24 2010, 09:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335786
just got my new iphone 4....haven't paired with sonata yet (will do at lunch) but I'm curious to see how it interacts....

btw the reception and call clarity is definitely increased with the iphone 4 (over the 3G/3GS) so far so good!
It better. I'm this close to dumping the iPhone for some form of Droid.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (shabadoo25 @ Jun 24 2010, 10:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335801
It better. I'm this close to dumping the iPhone for some form of Droid.
the droid is a complete POS! the halfway decent Incredible is still garbage..lackluster battery life and glitchy buggy droid apps FTL!

·
Registered
133 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jun 24 2010, 09:18 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335803
the droid is a complete POS! the halfway decent Incredible is still garbage..lackluster battery life and glitchy buggy droid apps FTL!
WTF are you talking about? This is my business, and the androids blow the iPhone 4 away. High-end units have better cameras, more apps by end of year, open source OS that are completely customizable, more memory available when expanded (typically 16gb+32gb card), can side-load apps from memory card, different size and customizable widgets, google voice search and visual voicemail, free GPS, free tethering, AMAZING integration, and the best Facebook app so far (which admittedly isnt saying much). The EVO is amazing, tho still needs some bugs worked out, and if you think the EVO is bad just wait and see whats coming for i4. Our reps are so overwhelmed with issues they can't keep up. They say that this new iPhone finally has reception equivalent to our basic free phones, instead of being the WORST in our device lineup, but you can't really gauge that yet because out network collapses every week.

The iphone is a great unit; for idiots. And lets face it, 50% of consumers are below-average intelligence. Its a great way to get 80-year olds and kids and people who really DON'T need or want a data package, into a $25 feature add. Its colorful and simple to use. But what we're seeing is the people who want faster, better, more customizable devices that are ready for the next gen are leaving ATT for higher-end droids. At least until ATT gets the Samsung Galaxy S clone, which BTW per Samsung has a better screen than the iPhone 4 and 4x the graphics capability of the snapdragon processor.

Don't get me wrong, iPhone is a great and amazing device, but current androids are on the same page, and poised to overtake apple in terms of capability over the next 6 months. Androids biggest issue now is OS fragmentation, and that is going to resolved over next 6 months as everything gets over-the-air updates to 2.1 by years end. It looks like google is evolving towards a 2.3-2.5 that adds features and tweaks, then they will slow down to yearly updates.

Frankly, I can't wait to see more 8mp 2.2 androids. What this OS can do with an 8mp camera will blow you away. 8mp opens up face detection software, which opens up LOTS of possibilities. Take a photo at the club one night: next morning send a text to everyone in that photo, or conference call them all with one-touch, the software will detect the faces and connect them with your contacts pictures auto-downloaded from facebook,etc. When you open a contact you can one-touch access all photos of that contact, or link the groups, or pretty much do anything. And they've just begun utilizing cloud type storage.

BTW to address your issues: battery life will be extended with future updates. One user did an OS tweak and extended bis battery 10x, google is looking very hard at that. Apps within the market are not buggy, but unlike the iPhone android users can get third-party and beta apps, which by definition are buggy. Thats the point of trying a beta before general release.

·
Registered
133 Posts
A little more on-topic, for non-iphones we have found that some vehicles will only read phonebooks from either the PHONE or the SIM card, varies per manufacturer. Make sure yer contacts are on both and see how that works.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (mostholycerebus @ Jun 24 2010, 01:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335859
WTF are you talking about? This is my business, and the androids blow the iPhone 4 away. High-end units have better cameras, more apps by end of year, open source OS that are completely customizable, more memory available when expanded (typically 16gb+32gb card), can side-load apps from memory card, different size and customizable widgets, google voice search and visual voicemail, free GPS, free tethering, AMAZING integration, and the best Facebook app so far (which admittedly isnt saying much). The EVO is amazing, tho still needs some bugs worked out, and if you think the EVO is bad just wait and see whats coming for i4. Our reps are so overwhelmed with issues they can't keep up. They say that this new iPhone finally has reception equivalent to our basic free phones, instead of being the WORST in our device lineup, but you can't really gauge that yet because out network collapses every week.

The iphone is a great unit; for idiots. And lets face it, 50% of consumers are below-average intelligence. Its a great way to get 80-year olds and kids and people who really DON'T need or want a data package, into a $25 feature add. Its colorful and simple to use. But what we're seeing is the people who want faster, better, more customizable devices that are ready for the next gen are leaving ATT for higher-end droids. At least until ATT gets the Samsung Galaxy S clone, which BTW per Samsung has a better screen than the iPhone 4 and 4x the graphics capability of the snapdragon processor.

Don't get me wrong, iPhone is a great and amazing device, but current androids are on the same page, and poised to overtake apple in terms of capability over the next 6 months. Androids biggest issue now is OS fragmentation, and that is going to resolved over next 6 months as everything gets over-the-air updates to 2.1 by years end. It looks like google is evolving towards a 2.3-2.5 that adds features and tweaks, then they will slow down to yearly updates.

Frankly, I can't wait to see more 8mp 2.2 androids. What this OS can do with an 8mp camera will blow you away. 8mp opens up face detection software, which opens up LOTS of possibilities. Take a photo at the club one night: next morning send a text to everyone in that photo, or conference call them all with one-touch, the software will detect the faces and connect them with your contacts pictures auto-downloaded from facebook,etc. When you open a contact you can one-touch access all photos of that contact, or link the groups, or pretty much do anything. And they've just begun utilizing cloud type storage.

BTW to address your issues: battery life will be extended with future updates. One user did an OS tweak and extended bis battery 10x, google is looking very hard at that. Apps within the market are not buggy, but unlike the iPhone android users can get third-party and beta apps, which by definition are buggy. Thats the point of trying a beta before general release.
I suggest you quit your day job....and don't procreate....

iphone4 > all....end of story...forget about reception...just the features alone...and let's not even discuss the ultra hip and ultra cool app store

please, just give it up now...you can't win this argument.....

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have a fancy flip hone that my company gave me. I was surprised how easy it was to set up for bluetooth and how great it works. Only problem I have is if I am on the phone and I walk near my car it picks up the call and mutes my phone. AWWWW

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (ssmuff @ Jun 24 2010, 04:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=335901
I have a fancy flip hone that my company gave me. I was surprised how easy it was to set up for bluetooth and how great it works. Only problem I have is if I am on the phone and I walk near my car it picks up the call and mutes my phone. AWWWW
even if the car is off?? mine only does that if its running

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
This is not the place for iPhone and Android fanboys to trash each other. Please keep it clean gents. :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts