Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm shopping around for insurance before I commit to a car purchase(currently between a Gen Coupe and the Sonata 2.0T SE). I have yet to find an insurance company that has an online quite for the 2.0T specifically. When you go through your insurance companies, how are they classifying the 2.0T? Thanks :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
QUOTE (alphindor @ Oct 22 2010, 01:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365346
I'm shopping around for insurance before I commit to a car purchase(currently between a Gen Coupe and the Sonata 2.0T SE). I have yet to find an insurance company that has an online quite for the 2.0T specifically. When you go through your insurance companies, how are they classifying the 2.0T? Thanks :)

State farm quoted me around $750 a year for full coverage. They did not have the 2.0T models listed separately so I fully expect the rate to change.

·
Registered
670 Posts
QUOTE (watchdoc @ Oct 22 2010, 07:46 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365383
State farm quoted me around $750 a year for full coverage. They did not have the 2.0T models listed separately so I fully expect the rate to change.
Wow, $750 for a year. Here in NY we get so screwed over. I'm paying $1800 for a year with my new sonata (non turbo). I have no tickets and no accidents so I'm probably doing pretty good.

·
Registered
854 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Oct 22 2010, 03:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365478
Wow, $750 for a year. Here in NY we get so screwed over. I'm paying $1800 for a year with my new sonata (non turbo). I have no tickets and no accidents so I'm probably doing pretty good.
Insurance can vary so much depending on who you are, where you are, how old you are, etc etc etc. I pay about $1200 a year no accidents or tickets 28, my wife (25) however has accidents and other stuff and she pays $400-500 a month.

No point comparing yourself to anybody!

OP why don't you just call an insurance company that will solve your problem.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If it helps State Farm is quoting me a price on a 2.0t Limited the same as if it were just the standard 2.4L Limited. I would guess this would eventually change, but I can't imagine by a whole heck of a lot.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Oct 22 2010, 03:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365478
I don't know dude you might want to shop around a bit, I have a 2010 Tucson AWD Limited and a 2007 Elantra both have full coverage w/ a 500 deductible, full glass, Road side w/towing and car rental and I also live in Queens NY and I pay 2100.00 for both cars.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Just call and tell them it is a Sonata... what they dont know wont hurt them.

Let them ask the specifics based on what they using to make quote up... dont offer any more beyond that.

·
Banned
7 Posts
QUOTE (eyecue @ Oct 28 2010, 10:38 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=366929
Insurance can vary so much depending on who you are, where you are, how old you are, etc etc etc. I pay about $1200 a year no accidents or tickets 28, my wife (25) however has accidents and other stuff and she pays $400-500 a month.

No point comparing yourself to anybody!
$6000 in the "No Fault" State of Florida where claims are or were capped at a measly Ten Thousand Dollars. :w00t: Never understood that?

It is almost cheaper getting a new wife. I like how you said "she pays" :p

·
Registered
13 Posts
****, I guess they weren't kidding when they said that NC car insurance was low compared to other states. I pay $480 a year for full coverage w/ $500 deductible on my Sonata 2.0T SE through Allstate. Although that is with a no ticket/no accident driving record.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Kentucky is also no-fault. I use E-Surance. With clean records and stellar credit, it's actually cheaper to insure the turbo than it was my wife's previous 08 Tiburon GT V6.

Granted, they didn't have the "Turbo" sonata in their list of cars yet, so it's currently written as a 2010 4 banger sonata...so I'm sure that will change, but as it stands, insurance is pretty affordable.

·
Registered
31 Posts
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Oct 30 2010, 10:06 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=367508
Just call and tell them it is a Sonata... what they dont know wont hurt them.

Let them ask the specifics based on what they using to make quote up... dont offer any more beyond that.

Are you telling people to try and cheat the insurance company by not giving them all the details of your car?

btw State Farm asks for the model of the car and the VIN number which gives them all the info needed.

·
Registered
65 Posts
QUOTE (bosco14 @ Nov 23 2010, 05:01 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=374284
Are you telling people to try and cheat the insurance company by not giving them all the details of your car?

btw State Farm asks for the model of the car and the VIN number which gives them all the info needed.
Problem seems to be that the VINs are so new that they don't show up yet. Dealer said this happens frequently.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'm coming from an 04 accord v6 coupe and the 2.0T sonata raised my rates $200/yr in PA. The turbo is an $80 per 6 month premium vs the 2.4 with All State.

Other states will vary but the basic idea is that the turbo one costs more to insure vs. 2.4 sonatas and other boring sedans.

·
Registered
29 Posts
For information only:

I had a 2011 GLS 2.4 and traded up to a 2011 Limited 2.0T

The difference in my insurance cost is $50 a year more. hope this helps.

I use 21st Century

·
Registered
168 Posts
The only reason insurance might be higher on the turbo model is because the msrp is higher. This is a family sedan, not a sports car. It has about the same HP as the competition's V6.

·
Registered
945 Posts
QUOTE (glenn716 @ Oct 22 2010, 02:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=365478
Dang! And I thought California was screwed up! Well, we are, but $1,800? :w00t: AAA quoted me $873 with $1,000 deductable. We have all of our cars, travel trailer and home insurance with them and a perfect driving record so I guess thats a decent price. Our agent was fully aware that it was a Turbo without me saying a word.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts