Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (kulitko @ Jun 3 2010, 12:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329240
Has anyone out there ever had any bad experiences with this folding key remotes from ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Fold...8c2QQitemZ180515682498QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTru
ckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories)

I just wanted to know how well it was made. I dont want to buy it and end up with half a key stuck in my ignition.
Its ok... a bit flimsy and loose IMO... I'd go with this one instead... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Folding-Rem...=item2a0786fae9. I have both versions... between the two, I feel the full black one feels better and doesn't feel loose. There are issues with 06-08 key blades not fitting the 09 and possibly the 10. I sent pics of my original key blade and its about 1-2 mm thicker than the 06-08 key blade.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thank you for asking kulitko, I was just thinking about maybe getting one....

Did you have any problems with the buyer on Ebay, riceR?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (sonata_dude @ Jun 3 2010, 06:49 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329361
Thank you for asking kulitko, I was just thinking about maybe getting one....

Did you have any problems with the buyer on Ebay, riceR?
No problems, but the seller I bought it from is no longer registered... fyi, shipping is like 2 weeks. You'll have to take it to a locksmith as most hardware store can't copy those keys.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got the key in today and it seems the blank they gave me was wrong. Cant seem to install the spare blank they gave which was right. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
QUOTE (Big B @ Jun 3 2010, 10:12 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329443
I don't get it, are these flips keys they can't be gripped in a regular key cutter?
yeah, I took it to Ace hardware and they said they can't do it... TrueValue couldn't either, so I just took it to a locksmith... the guy did it in less than 5mins.

QUOTE (kulitko @ Jun 3 2010, 10:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329459
Got the key in today and it seems the blank they gave me was wrong. Cant seem to install the spare blank they gave which was right. Anyone know how to do this?

Thanks,
The one with silver trim has a screw that holds it in place... For the all black one, I think you could just push that holder out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE (riceR @ Jun 4 2010, 12:50 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=329479
yeah, I took it to Ace hardware and they said they can't do it... TrueValue couldn't either, so I just took it to a locksmith... the guy did it in less than 5mins.

The one with silver trim has a screw that holds it in place... For the all black one, I think you could just push that holder out.

That was a task trying to get that stupid clip off...... Took me forever....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts