Hyundai Forums banner

Folding mirror switch for right hand drive?

5K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  sinroth52 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I'm new and I've been around the board and it's been really helpful for me in finding what works and what doesn't for my Elantra GLS 2011. From Brunei, all the way from Southeast Asia! Accessories have been hard to find for this model in my country so I have to go through imports.

I have a question tho, is there anyplace I can get a folding mirror switch for the right hand drive? Because my Elantra is right hand side and so far I've only seen left hand drive switches. I emailed Korean Auto Imports if they offered it but they said they don't offer it :( Any way I can go about to get it? Really want to give my Elantra that 'Premium' feel of a Korean import.

#2 ·
:00000732: Welcome to the forum. Don't have an answer for the right-hand side switch, but that would be cool. In fact, the right-hand steering is cool, to my way of thinking. I'd love to have that...just for the effect it would offer other drivers as they passed and see a dog sitting in what they expected to be the driver's seat. What a novelty.

Did you happen to check with your dealer? Or look on eBay?

#8 ·
Yeah, still waiting for a response. Might take a day or two latest. Other mods I've been meaning to do were the KYB shocks and the bushings, then its the projector headlights. Those are gonna cost me the most!

#9 ·
Yeah, you're gonna feel it in the wallet with the light mod, LOL. But the KYB's will be the best, single-most, reasonably-priced, bang-for-the-buck mod you can do for your ride. One hour install time that will yield hours of ride satisfaction.

Remember to post pics. We like to drool over other's rides almost as much as we like to drool over ours. ;)

#14 ·
Stay after them! Send the same message EVERY day. Preface it with "2nd Attempt, 3rd Attempt...and on and on." Eventually, someone will respond. May not answer your question, but at least it's a response. Be a pain in the south side!

#16 ·
You know what, I think I'll do just that till I get their response! The bigger they are, the harder they fall, haha!

One option: go to Ebay and do a search for 'mirror switch hyundai elantra i30'. The RHD models of i30 and Elantra are similar in equipment and share a lot of parts. You may find a complete assembly from the UK or other RHD country, though a lot of RHD models seemed to come with manual folding mirrors. Or, buy the separate folding switch unit you will find on Ebay and make a cut in your existing panel and replace your old switch with the updated switch. There seems to be space to make the small aperture you will require. Or, add a rocker switch to one of the blanks in your main dash and use this to fold the mirrors. Or, do a Google search for 'Altron relay folding mirrors'.

Have fun. :)
I like the OEM look of it compared to my cutting. I'll post up a picture of the switch later. There's really not much room to make a clean cut to match the other switches.

#15 ·
One option: go to Ebay and do a search for 'mirror switch hyundai elantra i30'. The RHD models of i30 and Elantra are similar in equipment and share a lot of parts. You may find a complete assembly from the UK or other RHD country, though a lot of RHD models seemed to come with manual folding mirrors. Or, buy the separate folding switch unit you will find on Ebay and make a cut in your existing panel and replace your old switch with the updated switch. There seems to be space to make the small aperture you will require. Or, add a rocker switch to one of the blanks in your main dash and use this to fold the mirrors. Or, do a Google search for 'Altron relay folding mirrors'.

Have fun. :)

#17 ·
Hi sinroth52,

You need the right hand drive, in this site is possible verify the part number, see item number 6 #6 is window switch right.
My observation, have two types and the price is US$ 29,88 ou US$ 88,73 I hope this the correct for right hand, is US$ 88,73 because have 4 comands for windows, and the minor price is for left hand, one comand, only for passanger window!!!

The site is INTERIOR TRIM for 2012 Hyundai Elantra See #6

LRoberto

#18 ·
Found something interesting. The variation in pricing of the two outside mirrors listed on the above link.

387611-3X070MIRROR GLASS LEFT1$14.39$10.36
SEDAN, KOREAN BUILT387621-3X030MIRROR GLASS RIGHT1$52.23$37.61
SEDAN, KOREAN BUILT

What makes the right side mirror so much higher? The cautionary warning label?

#20 ·
I have no idea really. I contacted them and just got their response:

Cesar Ruiz <ruizc@potamkinhyundai.com>
12:03 AM (10 minutes ago)

to me
Hello Kelvin,

Unforately, at this time we only sell parts for US model Hyundai's. We cannot verify if parts for any non US models fit any others! Hyundai does not provide any dealership with that service. Would've been nice to be able to let you know which parts can be cross referenced

--

Cesar Ruiz
Potamkin & Kendall Hyundai
PartsHyundai.com
PotamkinParts.com

6200 NW 167 Street
Miami Lakes, Fl 33014
Office: (305) 728-5000
Fax: (305) 430-6070
ruizc@potamkinhyundai.com
CONFIDENTIAL NOTICE

Electronic Mail is not secure, may not be read every day, and should not be used for urgent or sensitive issues. This email may contain confidential information belonging to the sender, which is legally privileged. This information is intended for the use of the individual or entity(ies) named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this email information for any purpose whatsoever is strictly prohibited. Potamkin and any of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.

On Thu, Dec 5, 2013 at 10:12 AM, Kelvin Ng <sinroth52@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I stumbled across your site by chance and noticed you’re selling plenty of OEM for Elantra 2011. I need to know, do you also have window switches for RHD (Right-Hand Drive) Elantra 2011? As well as any other RHD-related accessories for Elantra 2011. I’m having a hard time looking for them. Hope to hear from you soon.

Best regards,
Kelvin Ng

:/

#22 · (Edited)
Oh, and a picture of my window switch as promised!

And I found this in the car the first moment I got my new E back then. Have no idea what it does but I still keep it around.

And my door-strikers have arrived! Installed them straight-away too, but I forgot to take pictures of it because it was raining heavily. I got them off ebay bidding section for US$ 0.99! Super cheap. Standard airmail delivery though, so if anyone wants to go for it, keep in mind that the delay might be due to the local postage not being able to find it. Mine had that situation but it arrived right on the deadline dot.

Off to bed now. Really tired. See you guys tomorrow! Hopefully my quest for RHD accessories will come to fruition soon. I wonder if there are any other RHD E's on this board besides me :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.