Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the GLS model can you order OEM foglights? In most other cars when there are no foglights, the wiring is in place. Is that true with the Sonata?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I checked the same thing and there are no wires for fog lights on Sonata. Under the front bumper there is a plastic cover with 2 plastic fasteners that can be easily removed and by bending the cover a little you can see the back of the fog lights cover. There is no wiring and as far as I can see there are three or four screws holding the plastic piece to the bumper. My dealer told me that the fog lights are available at $100 a piece. To install some wires a relay,fuse and switch will be needed. I would like to add fog lights. In the cab there is no factory switch on the light switch so a place needs to be found for it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Nice - not a bad price. Think they just look good more than really desiring the function. If you wire it up yourself you can run it independent of the the high beams which could be a nice option in rural areas. Some states may inspect fog light function so just keep that in mind

1 - 3 of 3 Posts