Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new here. Just bought the wife a 2018 Santa Fe SE. Got it home and I was poking and prodding, trying to turn on the fogs. Come to find no switch and it's only on the upper levels. However, the lights appear to be there and so is the wiring and fuse. So my question is, can I just change the light switch assembly to get fogs? Does the PCU need to be flashed? Thanks for any help!

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Hello all, new here. Just bought the wife a 2018 Santa Fe SE. Got it home and I was poking and prodding, trying to turn on the fogs. Come to find no switch and it's only on the upper levels. However, the lights appear to be there and so is the wiring and fuse. So my question is, can I just change the light switch assembly to get fogs? Does the PCU need to be flashed? Thanks for any help!

Do you have the owners manual?

Best practices for requesting help:

* Be sure you are in the correct forum for your vehicle.
* Do a seach for your problem. A lot of stuff has been asked and answered.
* Do not double post for the same problem.
* Give the model year....Engine size...transmission type (auto or standard)
* VIN number can be very helpful.
* Did you buy the vehicle new, if not, how many miles were on it when purchased? How many miles on it now?
* Describe the problem the best you can.
* Tell us what has been tried, if anything.
* If the vehicle has been to a repair facility it would be nice if you can scan or take picture of the bill and attach it to the post.
* If your vehicle is under warranty you should have the dealer check it out. If it's an issue they see many times they will generate a safety recall or do a TSB. This is how they know.

This information can save a lot of time and get you the answers you need much faster.

Thanks,
Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do. Owners manual shows the switch but the switch in the vehicle is different from the one pictured.

Search yielded nothing of substance. I'll keep digging.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
I do. Owners manual shows the switch but the switch in the vehicle is different from the one pictured.

Search yielded nothing of substance. I'll keep digging.
I'm wondering if the switch was replaced at some time with the wrong part.

·
Banned
7,041 Posts
Bought it brand new with 15 miles on it. Others on the lot were the same. I'd post a pic but site won't let me just yet.
Get hold of the dealer. I'm curious what they would tell you about the manual not matching the car.

Reactions: Bootscraper

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mystery solved. What I thought were the fog lights are actually the DRL's. I thought the led strip under the headlights were the DRL's. We have no fogs. Thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts