Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! New Azera owner here, first Hyundai. Am loving it so far, but I have a few questions which I'll post one at a time...

I never owned a car with fog lights before, but I thought they are mounted as low as possible to prevent reflection from distracting the driver. If so, why is it not possible to turn on the fog lights ONLY, without the regular headlights. Wouldn't that be what you'd want?

·
Registered
27 Posts
QUOTE (ephlat @ Dec 12 2010, 08:32 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379229
Hi! New Azera owner here, first Hyundai. Am loving it so far, but I have a few questions which I'll post one at a time...

I never owned a car with fog lights before, but I thought they are mounted as low as possible to prevent reflection from distracting the driver. If so, why is it not possible to turn on the fog lights ONLY, without the regular headlights. Wouldn't that be what you'd want?
Fog Lights are usually yellow to attempt to penetrate the fog. These are white lights. They are good though, and I use them often when driving on curving mountain type roads. They do illuminate off the sides of the road well. If deer or raccoons want to jump out, you can see them much easier with those driving lights on. So these do have an effect and most of that is right in front of the car and off to the sides. As for fog, if you need to illuminate the white line on the edge of the road- they would help there as well.

·
Registered
119 Posts
QUOTE (tcarr925 @ Dec 13 2010, 02:27 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=379366
Fog Lights are usually yellow to attempt to penetrate the fog. These are white lights. They are good though, and I use them often when driving on curving mountain type roads. They do illuminate off the sides of the road well. If deer or raccoons want to jump out, you can see them much easier with those driving lights on. So these do have an effect and most of that is right in front of the car and off to the sides. As for fog, if you need to illuminate the white line on the edge of the road- they would help there as well.
I'm with you 'tcarr925, I use my fog/driving lights all the time. The more light I can put in front of me, the better I can see the road conditions especially here in the Smoky Mtns of Tennessee.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts