Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day everyone.... I have been trying to find some information about how to replace the fog light bulbs on my 2013 Elantra GLS (Indigo Night). The owners manual says to contact the dealership. Does anyone know how to replace them and it is pretty simple to do? Thanks for the help. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I am just going to possibly change the bulbs to a bright white Xenon type. It's the wife's car and she doesn't want me to mess with the wiring system to much to install HIDs. Maybe I can change her mind here soon, wish me luck! LOL

·
Registered
952 Posts
Look under front of car by the front wheel, there will be 2 screws. Once removed you can peel back the plastic cover/wheel well and have access to the bulb.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That easy huh? Thanks for the help. I was hoping it was something simple and didn't require jacking the front end up.

·
Registered
821 Posts
yep, look right under the bumper in front of both tires. The screws hold the plastic panels together. I just pulled down on it once loose, downwards and while on my back, reach up find the bulb where the harness goes on and do a quarter-twist counter clockwise and then pull it from the housing.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm looking at changing my fog lights to yellow. Can anyone tell me the type and size I need to do this?

I went the HID route in my other Elantra Limited. Looked great.....when they worked. First there was flicker, that was solved. Then loose wires, faulty parts, etc. It was a nightmare.

I'm going the route of simply buying a better bulb and live with it.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Elantra Fog lights are 881's, High beams are H7's, Low beams are H11's.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I'm looking at the Nokya brand of fog and low beams but seeing various wattage under the sizes. What wattage am I needing without risking issues?

·
22,793 Posts
Can't speak to the low beams. I replaced my factory 27.5 watt fog bulbs with 35's. Been about a year, now. No signs of deformity, lens warp, distortion, discoloring, or anything else.

But, again, they're only 35w. It was a significant improvement over the OEM, in regards to visibility. But not enough to bother anyone coming from the other direction. They're only designed as fog lights. Nothing spectacular.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
A wattage upgrade wasn't something that I thought about at all. I may have to look into that. I am leaning towards the SilverStar zXe bulbs for replacements. Thinking that I may change out the low beam, high beam and fogs to all zXe bulbs. Also may change the turn signals as well. Has anyone had any dealings wiht LED switchback bulbs for the turn signals?

·
22,793 Posts
Try PM-ing Louiceman. If it's in the "lighting category," I promise you that Lou has done it, tried it, implemented OR improved it. The guy is downright scary when it comes to mods. Off the shelf impressive!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I will make sure and message him. I just order the zXe H11 bulbs for the low beams. Got a great deal on them, $37.49 compared to $59.99 at the local Autozone. Just need to look for the others. Thanks for the help Rich

·
Registered
114 Posts
I was about to order the zXe H11 bulbs for my 2013 Elantra and the sizing tool states they don't fit a 2013 Elantra Limited?

Man, I just want to buy some great looking stock bulbs and YELLOW fogs without going back to HID with the problems I had....

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I looked on Sylvania's website and the chart shows that they fit. That is the only reason I ordered them.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts