Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ran over a curb on the passenger side and somehow broke off all 4 tabs that you screw into to hold your fog lights in place.

Anyone got a genius idea on how to fix this issue without replacing the bumper? I don't have any cracks in the bumper but I do have scratches on the bottom of the bumper.

I don't suppose I can get this replaced under warranty can I? It's a long shot but I thought I'd ask anyway.

1st photo shows where the tabs are supposed to be on the bumper.

2nd photos shows the broken off tab still on the fog light.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I would recommend using E6000 Automotive & Industrial Adhesive for this job. It's designed to stay flexible after it cures so it can take vibrations and jolts without cracking. You can get it at Canadian Tire among other places.

The only problem is that it takes a long time to cure (I'd let it sit for at least 8-12 hours), so you'll have to devise a solution to keep the fog light clamped down on the bumper with pressure on it. Probably best to use large rubber bands wrapped around the bumper.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I would have suggested QuickSteel. I find it in almost any car parts place like Autozone or Orileys. And it cures to the touch within 15-20 min, but one hour to fully cure.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the feedback.

I was also thinking about getting longer screws and screwing the fog lights on from the outside of the bumper. I'll see the 4 screw heads from the outside but at least it will be sturdy for sure?

·
Registered
296 Posts
It would be a permanent fix if you use a good adhesive as directed on the packaging. I'm not really sure what you'd screw the screws into on the fog light, but it would look pretty bad. :p

·
Registered
63 Posts
It would be a permanent fix if you use a good adhesive as directed on the packaging. I'm not really sure what you'd screw the screws into on the fog light, but it would look pretty bad. :p
^^ I'm with Xoxiin on this. Don't screw though the bumper. That just guarantees the bumper will have to be replaced if anyone ever wants to fix it properly. And it would look terrible. Try the adhesive suggestions or even take it to a local body shop (like the poster above suggested) and inquire if it's something they can do for you low-cost.

·
Registered
404 Posts
After looking at the pics again I'm thinking adhesive is your best option.
Welding is great, but it may mess with the appearance on the other side (outside) of the bumper if the welder is not experienced enough to do a good job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts