Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On Friday I'm having my Sonata tinted. They offer fog tinting as well. I was wondering what would be the best bet for a Beige sonata. Should I go with smoked fogs or yellow tint and etc. or should i just change the bulbs out for something brighter?

Any suggestions or input is greatly appreciated and valued.

Thanks!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Personally I like the look of the yellow tint. Adds something a little different to the front of the car at night.

I bought some "yellow tinted" halogen bulbs that just replace the stock bulbs and they weren't yellow enough from me, they just looked like a soft white. I added some yellow precut Lamin-x tint and I'm happy with it now.

There's a picture of them on my profile so you can see what they look like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The yellow does look sick. The place I'm dealing with does use the Lamin-X too. I was leaning towards that. Just wanted to see any other opinions out there.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Nice!!!

Personally I like the look of the yellow tint. Adds something a little different to the front of the car at night.

I bought some "yellow tinted" halogen bulbs that just replace the stock bulbs and they weren't yellow enough from me, they just looked like a soft white. I added some yellow precut Lamin-x tint and I'm happy with it now.

There's a picture of them on my profile so you can see what they look like.
cyclone6, OT question, any particular reason for the surface mount of your speakers? How do you like the Kickers? Been thinking of a similar install. Thought about Focals also. Nice job by the way.

·
Registered
314 Posts
No a big fan of yellow, it looks a little dated on a newer car. To each their own, strictly answering the questions might not pop as much to have yellow on beige

·
Registered
125 Posts
cyclone6, OT question, any particular reason for the surface mount of your speakers? How do you like the Kickers? Been thinking of a similar install. Thought about Focals also. Nice job by the way.
I really like the look of the Kicker speakers/grilles so I thought it would be a shame not to show them off. I used my dremel with circle cutter attachment for the cutout, drilled a few bolt holes, and the speakers fit right in. The plastic is surprisingly strong enough to hold the speakers up with no bending or moving.

I'm happy with the way the Kickers sound. I hold them back a little bit with the low pass filter on my head unit, but they sound good enough to where I am running my system without rear door speakers and you wouldn't know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts