Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've searched the forums several times and haven't found a complete answer for this. I know many members on this forums have fog lights with either LED fog covers or just the plain ones without LEDs. I've heard that the ones with LEDs block half of the projection of the fog lights. Is this true? If so, could I just add LEDs to the regular fog covers? Links down below of items.

Fog Light Covers with LEDs:
KDM LED FogLight Daytime Running Lamp Fog Lights DRL for Elantra 2010 2012 | eBay

Fog Light Covers WITHOUT LEDs:
Hyundai Elantra 2010 2012 Avante MD Fog Lamps Molding Cover Fog Lights Garnish | eBay

Is it possible to add these LEDs onto the fog light covers without LEDs. (Have them placed on the bottom of course)
2X White Waterproof Daytime Running Light Head Lamp Bulb DRL Daylight 12V D 2 | eBay

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
If wired correctly when your fog lights are on then the led should be off. As far as I can tell these mods are really just for looks and produce minimal light output.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry if I wasn't specific enough, but do the covers with LEDs block the fog lights from projecting light a little? The ones with LEDs and the ones without them have different coverage over the fog lights.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Answer to your question is no they do not block from projecting, I have both and someguy is right, the LED is for looks only, does not produce any light for driving purposes. However the LED fog light covers do hide the OEM fog lights a little bit.

Attachments

·
Registered
Tucson ix 2012
27 Posts
Answer to your question is no they do not block from projecting, I have both and someguy is right, the LED is for looks only, does not produce any light for driving purposes. However the LED fog light covers do hide the OEM fog lights a little bit.
Do you have the link for those LED covers?

·
Registered
389 Posts
Hey Petie! So you're saying the DRL lights produce no light output at all?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
+1 ^
And thanks. Finally relieved. Pete, your car is looking good!
Will those waterproof Daytime Running Lights that I posted up there any good? Will they produce enough light at night?

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hey Petie! So you're saying the DRL lights produce no light output at all?
The light at night (looks) outstanding however they do not produce light for driving purposes, there LED

·
Registered
279 Posts
+1 ^
And thanks. Finally relieved. Pete, your car is looking good!
Will those waterproof Daytime Running Lights that I posted up there any good? Will they produce enough light at night?
Thanks man. I will have some updated pictures soon, I havent posted in a few months and done alot more to it. Those LED lights your looking at are the same as I got only the LEDs are different shape is all. I have had them for 12 months and no signs of water damage and still working great. Just note there are aftermarket ones for half the price, you get what you pay for. Like I said before the LEDs at night (look) great but will not have an affect for better light for driving purposes.

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow amazing thread. So many great mods that are expensive if you don't do them yourself. I will learn to do this, even if it takes a lifetime.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I've searched the forums several times and haven't found a complete answer for this. I know many members on this forums have fog lights with either LED fog covers or just the plain ones without LEDs. I've heard that the ones with LEDs block half of the projection of the fog lights. Is this true? If so, could I just add LEDs to the regular fog covers? Links down below of items.

Fog Light Covers with LEDs:
KDM LED FogLight Daytime Running Lamp Fog Lights DRL for Elantra 2010 2012 | eBay

Fog Light Covers WITHOUT LEDs:
Hyundai Elantra 2010 2012 Avante MD Fog Lamps Molding Cover Fog Lights Garnish | eBay

Is it possible to add these LEDs onto the fog light covers without LEDs. (Have them placed on the bottom of course)
2X White Waterproof Daytime Running Light Head Lamp Bulb DRL Daylight 12V D 2 | eBay
Not sure if you are still looking for more answers to this request but if you are, I hope below helps you out, or helps anyone else that may be considering this mod on their E.

I have fog LEDs wrapped around the stock fogs and while Petie is correct that in large part these LEDs don't emit as much light, I find that they give decent illumination regardless as you can see in the pics below. Besides, my fog LEDs are very different from the ones Petie has on his E.

DRLs only.

Fog LEDs only.

Avante MD Fog LED box

Fog LEDs wrapped around stock fog lamp

·
22,793 Posts
Petie, think they would sell me about 400 square feet of that floor?

The lights look great. I've been toying with the notion of LED daytime running lights. But it's just something rolling around in my head at the present time. If something snaps up there, I may formulate a mod plan. Too many options, too many ideas, too many different (but great) looks. Not an easy decision to arrive at. I want them "functional and complimentary" in their look, not "overbearing or tacky." Ingrid has an unsoiled reputation to maintain. :grin:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Not sure if you are still looking for more answers to this request but if you are, I hope below helps you out, or helps anyone else that may be considering this mod on their E.

I have fog LEDs wrapped around the stock fogs and while Petie is correct that in large part these LEDs don't emit as much light, I find that they give decent illumination regardless as you can see in the pics below. Besides, my fog LEDs are very different from the ones Petie has on his E.

DRLs only.

i like it

maybe need more lumens

but your kit is the kspeed model or you buy other brand at better price ???

1 - 16 of 16 Posts