Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve seen several utube videos of folks switching out the fog light bulbs for LED ones. Has anyone tried this? Looks like an electrical (voltage) module must be installed on each side. On another video, they simply replaced the current bulbs with LED ones, no mention of any other actions needed for the conversion?

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
I used the braided heat sink style, plug and play.

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I replaced mine with these: [ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XK3YX4K/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]
no problems and great brightness.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Like mentioned by others, its PnP

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your inputs! Looks like that will be my next project!

·
Supporting Vendor
1,758 Posts
Any help
Can I replace my headlight with led?
My car is Hyundai accent 2003 automatic
Sent from my Redmi 4X using Tapatalk
Hi there,
Sure thing you can replace the existing halogen bulbs with LEDs if you would like to. Below is the link to the LED bulb selection for your Accent:
2003 Hyundai Accent LED lights at CARiD
All options in the selection will fit your stock headlights. The installation is something you can do by yourself, as it is pretty much plug and play. Here is the link showing, how to install these bulbs.
Hope this helps!
Feel free to contact us with any questions.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
im not sure how you all guys were able to fit so big bulbs plus adapters into tiny space without removing bumper! It took really hard to me to fit simple HID bulb into housing on the pass side, as there is no space actually for anything extra

·
Registered
81 Posts
Read on amazon some pretty bad reviews of it, those phillips ones, but thats kinda the case for all of the LED lights. Just would hate to spend that much on those phillips ones and start having Flickering Issues. But im kinda leaning towards those as well

·
Registered
557 Posts
im not sure how you all guys were able to fit so big bulbs plus adapters into tiny space without removing bumper! It took really hard to me to fit simple HID bulb into housing on the pass side, as there is no space actually for anything extra
You do have to take the bumper off. I had some help in doing so. The Phillips bulbs aren't really bigger than stock (other than the box at the end of them) so there were no issues with fit.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Read on amazon some pretty bad reviews of it, those phillips ones, but thats kinda the case for all of the LED lights. Just would hate to spend that much on those phillips ones and start having Flickering Issues. But im kinda leaning towards those as well
I didn't really read the reviews as others on this forum have used these bulbs. I've had zero issues with them so far.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I also watched bad review on these philips one....just my 2c,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Eazy

It is very easy to replace. I have huge hands and even i was able to do it.
You DO NOT need to remove bumper and have easy access from the wheelwell.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am a car novice.. but i do understand "plug and play" :) this seems like a project a newbie can do? does anyone know if there's diagrams/how to/instructions on the owner's manual on how to change these?

hmm, i'm at work right now.. but gonna google this but asking here as well

1 - 20 of 48 Posts