Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to add fog lamps to my 2010 SF GLS. The inserts on each side of the front valence have what appears to be a round "knock out" where the lamps should go. Has anyone installed aftermarket fog lamps in these locations?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (77kafer @ Jul 3 2010, 07:00 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338606
New owner of the same model, also curious about this.

Has anyone used these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hyundai-San...=item4aa1fa8a49

not realy interested in the halo-s, but the price is right.
Those are what I got to use on mine. They come with only a couple of angle brackets to mount them to a horizontal surface like a conventional bumper. There is a note that says you can also mount them inside a piece of 4" PVC pipe as well. It doesn't say how to mount the pipe on the the car though.
I looked at the online shop manual on hmaservice.com to see if it showed how to access the fog lamps behind the bumper. The instructions aren't very clear. Probably written for experienced service techs. I'll have to take a closer look under the front end to see if I can figure out how to remove the plastic inserts on each side of the bumper facia.

·
Registered
39 Posts
With just a quick look from the outside, it didn't look to me that the round portion of the insert was a pop out. I could be wrong, but it looked like it was completely molded, and might need to be cut out.
What about the switch, does it look like the knock out in the dash?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (77kafer @ Jul 4 2010, 05:30 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338705
With just a quick look from the outside, it didn't look to me that the round portion of the insert was a pop out. I could be wrong, but it looked like it was completely molded, and might need to be cut out.
What about the switch, does it look like the knock out in the dash?
That's correct. The round portion of the insert is not a pop out. Apparently, a different insert is used with factory fog lamps. The round portion could be cut out but it would be much easier if the insert could be removed from the bumper facia to do so.
The switch that comes with the Bling lights is much smaller than the dash knock out. I got a stock fog lamp switch to use for my installation.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ok, will be watching this, just got mine for my wife a week ago. Not ready to take any tools to it right now anyway. Any hints that you come up with along the install, jot them down. I will contact you in the near future. Thanx.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts