Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2007 Elantra. Past few days, the front fog lights(orange) and the rear parking lights will not shut off after turning off the ignition. I have to turn the light switch back and forth few times till the lights shuts off.

I researched the forum and people said this could be due to a faulty relay in the fuse box. Can someone tell me which relay controls both these lamps.

Thanks

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,952 Posts
Can someone tell me which relay controls both these lamps.
It's the tail lamp relay that controls them. Unfortunately, that relay is physically soldered onto the circuit board inside the dashboard fusebox so it's not something you can simply replace when it fails. You need to replace the complete fusebox which is quite expensive.

Of course, you don't know for sure that the relay is faulty at this point. Maybe it's the switch, which is much easier and less expensive to replace than the fusebox. You'd need to try disconnecting the switch when the lights are stuck on to see if that makes them switch off.

The Body Control Module is probably involved in the control of the tail lamp relay too on your car, so that's another thing you'd need to look at.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's the tail lamp relay that controls them. Unfortunately, that relay is physically soldered onto the circuit board inside the dashboard fusebox so it's not something you can simply replace when it fails. You need to replace the complete fusebox which is quite expensive.

Of course, you don't know for sure that the relay is faulty at this point. Maybe it's the switch, which is much easier and less expensive to replace than the fusebox. You'd need to try disconnecting the switch when the lights are stuck on to see if that makes them switch off.

The Body Control Module is probably involved in the control of the tail lamp relay too on your car, so that's another thing you'd need to look at.

Can you tell me what color is the tail lamp relay?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts