Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lost one set of Hyundai keys with the FOB. Is there any other place to to get one other than the Hyundai dealer. I've heard they want around $150 for a new one & to program it.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
eBay is your friend. :thumbsup: Fobs can be had there from brand new for as little as $20. Keep in mind the dealer will still charge for programming.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Be careful you can only have 2 FOB's programmed, if you get a replacement FOB then it will replace one of the existing FOB's already programmed be safe take the other FOB with to the dealer when they reprogram to make sure it still works. Yes they do charge allot to do the programming.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick response. My Hyundai dealer charges $55 for programming & $135 for the FOB. I think I'll look for the FOB elsewhere. :w00t:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Not sure if this works for all Santa Fe's, but if not, I'd search hi/lo for a means to purchase and program the FOB(s) myself. Absolutely ridiculous to pay anyone $50-100 for just programming. I've owned at least 6-8 FOB equipped vehicles now, import and domestic. None needed a trip to the dealer for programming.

Per another member here: http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?showtopic=54084

"Ok, First just to let you know you do not have to let the dealer program the remote. Here are instructions
and for all those who need them
I am still checking compatibility for you

1. SANTA FE / XG300 / XG350: ACCESS ALARM SYSTEM CONTROL MODULE LOCATED BEHIND DRIVER’S SIDE FASCIA PANEL

2. SONATA: ACCESS CENTRAL LOCKING SIGNAL CONTROL MODULE LOCATED BEHIND FASCIA, CENTER.

3. ENSURE MEMORY SWITCH IS IN OFF POSITION.

4. TURN IGNITON TO ON

5. WAIT 5 SECONDS, SET MEMORY SWITCH TO SET POSITION.

6. PUSH REMOTE LCOK BUTTON TO SEND CODE TO ALARM SYSTEM CONTROL MODULE

7. TO PROGRAM 2ND REMOTE: PRESS 2ND REMOTE LOCK BUTTON

8. SET MEMORY SWITCH TO OFF POSITION

9. TURN IGNITION TO OFF

10. CONFIRM PROGRAMMING BY LOCKING AND UNLOCKING CAR WITH BOTH REMOTES

11. REFIT ALL COMPONENTS IN Reverse ORDER OF REMOVAL

ONLY 2 REMOTES CAN BE PROGRAMMED AT ONCE. "

Joel

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
The set switch was eradicated from the Santa Fe in the mid-2004 model year. Trust me, I know....I used to have one and when they had to re-program the remotes, I watched them do it with a plug-in computer. Why make it easy when you can make it hard and get some more money out of the customer?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts