Hyundai Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've been having the same problem. Dealership had not seen this before. I finally caught it with a camera and the dealership ordered a new one. Less than 3 weeks later, the brand new one started giving the Low Key Battery warning!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've been having the same problem. Dealership had not seen this before. I finally caught it with a camera and the dealership ordered a new one. Less than 3 weeks later, the brand new one started giving the Low Key Battery warning!
Out of curiosity - the fob in question, is it stored near another non-Hyundai fob? Reason I ask is both my original fobs would eat through name brand store bought batteries inside 30 days. The dealer replaced both over a 3 month period and it was still happening. I found some article online about fob to fob interference and realized that both my fobs where on the same key ring holder with my wife's Nissan fob (spare fob). Moved the Nissan fob away and it's been a year plus on both fobs on the same battery. Interestingly enough, the Nissan fobs never had the drain issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
No other fobs are near this one. I couldn’t believe that the brand new dealership fob would do this less than a month. My regular 60/60,000 warranty runs out in 700 miles so I want to make sure it’s documented.

Thanks for the reply. It’s a head scratcher. The dealership doesn’t know what to do.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts